Skip Navigation

[Resolved] relationship and hierarchical url / parent child

This support ticket is created 4 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by sergeP 4 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

hello,

I have the custom post types "Artist" with a one to many relationship with the CPT "Song".
Many songs have the same name and I have problems with posts with the same URL.
I would like to be able to create a hierarchical relationship allowing me to have :
hidden link

Is there any way to achieve it with Toolset ?

I also have Permalink manager Pro version plugin if it can help.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
Example of problem link : hidden link
Example of working link : hidden link

Thank you in advance,
Best regards

Hi, Toolset's custom post permalink structures adhere to WordPress standards for custom posts.../post-type-slug/post-slug/. Anything other than that standard will require a custom code or 3rd-party plugin solution. In general, the support team here does not provide permalink path customization because it's a tricky thing to get right. What I can offer is guidance to create any code necessary for you to implement a custom path using some 3rd-party plugin. The Permalink Manager Pro site seems to indicate that they are compatible with Toolset: "Full support for all post types & taxonomies"
https://permalinkmanager.pro/
So perhaps their support team has experience with this type of URL structure? Perhaps no custom code is required and it's just a matter of configuring the software to create these link.

Hello Christian,

Custom code is needed even with permalinkmanager.pro but their support dev team work on the custom code if you have the pro version so my issue should be fixed by their support team;

Thank you;

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.