Skip Navigation

[Closed] "relate" post front-end multiple UI

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 1 year, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
화면 캡처 2022-07-03 084422.jpg

I am organizing which government certification documents should be received for each product. The "relate" solution was attempted, but the backend had modified the way to put multiple documents into a single product, but the front end had a UI that allowed only one document to be put into a single product. Is it possible to configure a front-end UI that can put multiple documents in one product? Attach the "Event Example" capture.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

There is no native way to connect multiple child/parent using native way but there is a workaround.

The workaround is to add a multiselect generic field and as a source of the option for the multiselect generic field you should create a view and later use use Toolset form's hook to connect the selected options. Whole mechanism is mentioned with the following related ticket:
- https://toolset.com/forums/topic/how-to-pre-select-more-than-one-parent-on-a-child-post-submission-form/#post-1867895

you should try to follow the above ticket and let me know if you have any questions.

화면 캡처 2022-07-05 114216.png
화면 캡처 2022-07-05 114055.png

Hi, I couldn't find "Loop Wizard" and "list with separators" in item 1. I applied all the items up to item 2, but it was confirmed that it was not printed normally as below and the check box was not visible.

Minesh
Supporter

Ahh, you are using the Block mode to build you view.

The first thing is that you will have to build the view that is mentioned in 1st stem in legacy mode.

Here is the Doc that shows how you can enable the view legacy mode:
- https://toolset.com/course-lesson/enabling-legacy-version-of-toolset-views/

Then, you should go to: Toolset => Views and add a new view and follow the said steps and then use this view as source of the generic field.

1313131.png

Thank you.
Thanks to you, I followed the whole process. However, when you select an item in the multi-select box and click Submit, the item submitted at the front end was not visible.

Can this function be replaced by the function of the link?
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/front-end-forms-for-repeatable-field-groups/

Minesh
Supporter

I'm not sure what is your current setup. When you say:

However, when you select an item in the multi-select box and click Submit, the item submitted at the front end was not visible.

==>
Do you mean that the new post you created is not displayed on frontend? If yes, that is really strange. Is post is set to publish with your form?

I will require admin access details to check whats going wrong with your setup. Please share on what post/page you added the form.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

The topic ‘[Closed] "relate" post front-end multiple UI’ is closed to new replies.