Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Reduce loading time of Gutenberg Post Editor

This support ticket is created 2 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Robert Campbell 2 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am getting a very slow loading of the Guttenberg post editor on this site hidden link

Is there any way to disable the Toolset blocks which I don't require, so I can try to get the loading time improved.

Regards
Robert

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Robert,

The Gutenburg editor is provided by wordpress core itself and not by our Toolset Blocks plugin.

Is it that you want to use the wordpress classic editor to edit your views or just to edit your pages in general.

Please let me know and I will see how best I can advise you.

Thanks,
Shane

Toolset Blocks in Gutenberg.jpg

Hi Shane
I have to use the Gutenberg editor for some of the post content, so using the Classic Editor is not an option.
I understand that the Gutenberg Editor is core WordPress but my question is about the Toolset plugins, specifically the blocks which Toolset adds to Gutenberg when Toolset is installed.

So my question remains ... Is it possible to disable some of the Toolset Blocks (which are listed on the left hand side in the Gutenberg Editor) and only enable those Toolset blocks which I want to use daily? I have attached an image showing the Toolset blocks I am referring to.

I understand that reducing the number of blocks in the editor will help improve the loading and response time of the editor which is very slow at the moment.

Best regards
Robert

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Robert,

Thank you for the further clarification.

Unfortunately no there isn't a way to disable the views blocks on some pages without disabling the plugins entirely.

Thanks,
Shane

Thanks Shane.
Regards
Robert

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.