Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Recently viewed custom post types

This support ticket is created 7 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nicholas 7 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Hello there!

So Woocommerce comes with the feature to display recently viewed products, which is awesome.

I was wondering if toolset offers something similiar.

I would like to display the recently viewed pages/posts of a costum post type.
So I have a costum post type called "vendor profiles" and I would like to display the recently visited ones in the "customer membership area".

Do I need custom code for this or can I do this with the views plugin ?
If I can't do it with views do you know of a way?

Regards

Nicholas

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Nicholas

Recently viewed products is a pretty standard feature for eCommerce sites which explains why WooCommerce took the trouble to implement it.

It is not something that is available for recently viewed posts in Toolset, I'm afraid.

I haven't inspected the WooCommerce implementation but it almost certainly involves placing cookies on the user's browser with the product ids to track which products they view and using them to create a custom query to generate the "Recent products" content.

It shouldn't be too difficult to replicate that functionality for CPTs using some custom code, but depending on your PHP level that will either sound like something you can do yourself, or something that you would need to ask a developer to write on your behalf.

If the latter, we maintain a list of certified partners (https://toolset.com/consultant/) that you could contact for help.

If you try yourself and run into problems feel free to ask for help with specific issues.

Thank you for your help Nigel.
I'll give it a try 🙂

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.