Skip Navigation

[Closed] Re-establishing content relationship after post had been deleted

This support ticket is created 2 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 2 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

We have Authors and Articles post types, with many articles assigned to an author. Someone apparently deleted an author, then re-added, but now the Articles associations are lost. Is there any way to restore it? I tried going into the database and re-adding the author again, with the same ID that it had before (I had an old dev copy) but unfortunately the association with the Articles did not return. Is there any way to avoid manually going to all the Artice posts again and assigning the author? Like I said, I do have the old post ID for the author (the ID was not re-used)

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I will require to review your setup first. Can you please share test site.

Also, I would like to know is it the issue with single author entry or you deleted multiple authors?
With what authors you are having the issue and what articles are attached to those authors?

Can you please share all this required details and I'm happy to review it.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

The topic ‘[Closed] Re-establishing content relationship after post had been deleted’ is closed to new replies.