Skip Navigation

[Resolved] range slider of custom field does not respond to touch event on mobile

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

I am building a custom search with custom search form where I have a range slider for number filter. I am able to get the range slider working with jQuery and jQuery UI properly on desktop. However, the range slider do not respond to touch event on mobile.

Solution:

It is a custom JS codes (range slider) with iPhone device problem, according to our support policy, we don't provide custom support

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 5 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by chong-sumw 5 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
Screen Shot 2019-05-23 at 11.08.07 AM.png

I am building a custom search with custom search form where I have a range slider for number filter. I am able to get the range slider working with jQuery and jQuery UI properly on desktop. However, the range slider do not respond to touch event on mobile. I have added the " jQuery UI touch punch" support on the header file and the corresponding file in appropriate location , but it's still not working.

it should be a simple task but I couldn't figure out where goes wrong. I am wondering if I have done sth wrong or Toolset does not support Mobile touch event on jQuery widget? Please help! thank you so much.

location of the range slider: homepage
views id: 835, name: Search Business View

Header file:

script src="jquery.ui.touch-punch.min.js"></script>

My JS code in View:

// (1) for Price-Slider
  jQuery("#price-slider").slider({
    range: true,
    min: 0,
    max: 3000000,
    step: 50000,
    values: [0, 3000000],
    slide: function(event, ui) {
      jQuery('input[name="wpv-wpcf-selling-price_min"]').val(ui.values[0]);
      jQuery('input[name="wpv-wpcf-selling-price_max"]').val(ui.values[1]);
      console.log(ui.values[0]);
      console.log(ui.values[1]);
      let newTitle = ui.values[0] / 10000 + "萬 : " + ui.values[1] / 10000 + "萬"
      // update the tooltip text
      jQuery('#price-slider').attr('title', newTitle).tooltip('fixTitle').tooltip('show');
	}});
  // feed the new value from slider into the hidden toolset text field
  jQuery('input[name="wpv-wpcf-selling-price_min"], input[name="wpv-wpcf-selling-price_max"]').change(function() {
    jQuery('#price-slider').slider('values', [parseInt($('input[name="wpv-wpcf-selling-price_min"]').val()), parseInt($('input[name="wpv-wpcf-selling-price_max"]').val())]);
  });

Thanks for the details, I can log into your website, and checking it in your website, will update here if there is anything found

range-slider.jpg

I have tried the URL you mentioned above in my Android phone, it works fine, see screenshot range-slider.JPG

Is this problem resolved? please let me know if you need more assistance for it. thanks

thank you luo.
Really? but the problem still persists on iphone, both chrome and safari. the range sliders works but it cannot slide, one has to press the range like a button to select number. Any thoughts on what could be the problem?

Thanks for the details, since it is a custom JS codes (range slider) with iPhone device problem, according to our support policy, we don't provide custom support:
https://toolset.com/forums/forum/professional-support/

But I don't have an iPhone device, so I suggest you check it with our Toolset Contractor for it:
https://toolset.com/contractors/

I have searched with google, and found this thread:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/13808663/jquery-ui-slider-touch-drag-drop-support-on-mobile-devices?answertab=votes#tab-top

And this website:
hidden link

For your reference

Yes as mentioned at the beginning, I have incorporated that JS UI touch punch too but the prob still persists. Nevermind, I will close the ticket. Thank you for your help

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.