Skip Navigation

[Resolved] PWA and Toolset

This support ticket is created 2 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by umbertoZ 2 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Hi, I've installed a PWA plugin (hidden link), it offers the option to navigate my website offline, but it seems it doesn't work fine with Toolset forms and content creation.

I'm looking for a solution to offer to my users the capability to create a post with images offline and then update the live website when the user is online again.

How can I do it? Do you have any suggestions?

Cheers

I'm looking for a solution to offer to my users the capability to create a post with images offline and then update the live website when the user is online again.
Hmm, I don't think it's going to be possible, and certainly it is not a simple thing to implement. Forms is not designed to work without a live server, so there are no APIs available for creating posts without the standard browser submission process. That process must be initiated in the browser, and requires a live server. There are no alternative submission processes available, like the possibility to programmatically submit a Form using some API. I don't think this PWA plugin provides the capability to use wp-admin without a live server. It seems to be limited to the front-end site only, correct? So I don't think it provides a framework for generating posts offline. You would need some type of queue that holds the submissions in the device memory, then a REST API integration that can be used once online to process that queue and generate posts without the live browser submission process. Even if that queue were available, Forms is not REST API integrated so it would not support such a workflow for post generation outside of the typical live site browser workflow. Forms will not function without a live server, and also does not provide APIs for submitting form content programmatically outside of the live browser submission process. So I don't think you will be able to integrate content submission into an offline site using Forms. It would require a major overhaul of the Forms application to accept submissions from a REST-type API instead of a live browser submission.

Thank you for your help. I will investigate how to integrate some PWA plugin.

cheers

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.