Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Pulls in wrong content…

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

The user would like to display the term's description in the taxonomy archive.

The user was using the wpv-post-taxonomy which is meant to be used inside a post content template.
Use the wpv-taxonomy-archive instead

 [wpv-taxonomy-archive info="description"]

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 3 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by renatoR 3 years ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Screenshot 2021-03-23 at 09.51.43.png

Hello again
This site is causing me nothing but troubles... my client accidentaly applied a parent category to a supplier hidden link now this page is adding the content of that parent hidden link and shows it in front of the content. (See attached screenshot) I deleted all references to the parent, deleted all caches but the issue remains...

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

Page from where the content is pulled in:
hidden link

I expected to see:
hidden link but without the content from henkel-cie-de

Instead, I got:
hidden link

Thanks so much for your valuable help!
Kind regards



Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello Renato and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

From what I gathered so far, the taxonomy archive is generated by the Beaver Builder template instead of the Toolset archive template. The Beaver Builder template "Product Hersteller" that you can edit here hidden link

This template is using the wpv-post-taxonomy which is meant to be used inside a post content template. Check this screenshot hidden link

I updated the Beaver Builder template to use the correct shortcode and it seems to do the job. Check this screenshot hidden link

[wpv-taxonomy-archive info="description"]

Note that the page is not generated by the Toolset archive template. It uses the Beaver Builder template. If you need to use the Toolset template, I think that you'll need to remove the Beaver Builder template.

Read more about the Toolset shortcode here:


My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.