Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Product archives show no result after updating to Toolset Views 3.5.2

This support ticket is created 2 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by jean-francoisB 2 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to:

To upgrade from Toolset Views 3.5 to Toolset Views 3.5.2 and it breaks my website. All my product archives don't work and show no results. When I roll back to version 3.5, everything is back to normal. What can cause this?

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

The issue can't be seen at the moment because i'm back to version 3.5. But this is a example page where the problem can be seen when I upgrade the plugin : hidden link

I expected to see:

When I upgrade, I expect my product archives to stay the same

Instead, I got:

No result found on every single archive pages.

Also, a new error code started to show in my WP Debug. I don't know if that can be related : Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /chroot/home/johnsbedrooms/cphomeorig/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-views/application/models/WooCommerce/WcQuery.php on line 337

I'm using PHP 7.4 at the moment. When I try to upgrade to PHP 8, I'm getting a bunch of other error message regarding deprecated line of code for Toolset views. I'm fine using PHP 7.4 for now because it is still supported. When Toolset views will support PHP 8 ?

Thank you for your help,

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Jean,

Thank you for getting in touch.

I took the copy of the site and deployed it locally and was able to replicate the issue here.

I was able to get it to work by disabling your current archive and remaking a new one with the exact same specifications and this worked. The archive no longer displays the error
Undefined offset: 0 in /chroot/home/johnsbedrooms/cphomeorig/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-views/application/models/WooCommerce/WcQuery.php on line 337

Please try this on your end and let me know if you were able to get the same results.
Thanks,
Shane

Hi,

Unfortunatelly, it is still not working for me. I tried two ways :

1 - Create a new WordPress Archive BEFORE upgrading Views to 3.5.2
2 - Create a new WordPress Archive AFTER upgrading Views to 3.5.2

In both cases, I'm getting all my archives with "No item founds" message.

Can you try to fix it directly on the live site?

Thank you,

Hello, Shane is out today for a national holiday and will return tomorrow to continue assisting you here. Thanks for your patience!

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jean,

Yes please provide me with admin access to the live site so that I can have look.

I've enabled the private fields for your next response.

I may need to grab a copy of your website as well for further testing locally.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jean,

I found the issue. The problem is being caused by the price field that you're sorting the archive by.

To get the correct price field to sort by you will need to enable the Woocommerce price field at Toolset -> Settings -> Frontend Content and then Hidden custom fields.

Use the Select custom fields button to find and select the _price field. Once you've done this go back to your archive and change the archive to be ordered by this field now.

It should be set to order the field as a number so that it can be sorted correctly. This should resolve your issue on the latest version of Views.

Thanks,
Shane

Thank you Shane! It seems to solve the issue! I've been able to upgrade with no problem after applying your recommendations. Cheers !

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.