Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Problems with Post and User Notifications

This support ticket is created 5 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Author

I am trying to add notifications for an edit user form and an edit post form.

On the user form, when I click on the button for "Add new notifications" nothing happens. It as if the link is broken.

On the post form, the E-mail Notifications section is rolled up and clicking on the down arrow does nothing.

I did just switch my site over from crfcrc.com to crfcrc.org and updated my license information, in case that might be part of the problem.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Hi, a mismatched license key URL and site URL shouldn't cause this type of behavior. Typically the only thing you'll notice if your site URL doesn't match your license key URL is that will not be able to automatically update Toolset plugins. No other functionality should be affected. Please try the following troubleshooting steps first:
- Clear your browser cache and test again.
- Temporarily switch to the parent Astra theme and deactivate all plugins except Types, Views, and Forms. Retest.
- If the problem was resolved, reactivate your child theme and other plugins one by one until the problem returns.
- If the problem was not resolved, open the browser console and check to see if any JavaScript errors are displayed when the page loads or when you click one of the "Add Notification" links.
- Test using another browser, like Chrome or Firefox.

Please let me know the results of these tests and we can go from there.

I replied to the email, but I will repeat the info here.

I ended up doing the steps backwards, which was just as well as I ran into javascript errors.

This is from the User post form edit screen. All I did was open it. I hadn't even tried to click on the button yet.

editor.prototype.js?ver=2.1:178 Uncaught TypeError: $ is not a function
at Toolset.CRED.UserFormsEditor.Toolset.CRED.EditorPagePrototype.initExtraEditors (editor.prototype.js?ver=2.1:178)
at Toolset.CRED.UserFormsEditor.Toolset.CRED.EditorPagePrototype.initIclEditor (editor.prototype.js?ver=2.1:49)
at Toolset.CRED.UserFormsEditor.Toolset.CRED.EditorPagePrototype.init (editor.prototype.js?ver=2.1:360)
at new Toolset.CRED.UserFormsEditor (main.js?ver=2.1:18)
at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (main.js?ver=2.1:24)
at i (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,underscore,shortcode,utils,backbone,wp-util,moxiejs,plupload,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-u&load[]=i-mouse,jquery-ui-sortable&ver=4.9.8:2)
at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,underscore,shortcode,utils,backbone,wp-util,moxiejs,plupload,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-u&load[]=i-mouse,jquery-ui-sortable&ver=4.9.8:2)
at Function.ready (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,underscore,shortcode,utils,backbone,wp-util,moxiejs,plupload,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-u&load[]=i-mouse,jquery-ui-sortable&ver=4.9.8:2)
at HTMLDocument.K (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,underscore,shortcode,utils,backbone,wp-util,moxiejs,plupload,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-u&load[]=i-mouse,jquery-ui-sortable&ver=4.9.8:2)
load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=wp-backbone,media-models,wp-plupload,wp-mediaelement,wp-api-request,media-views,media-editor,media-audiovideo,mce-view,imgarease&load[]=lect,image-edit,hoverIntent,common,admin-bar,wp-ajax-response,jquery-color,wp-lists,jquery-ui-menu,jquery-ui-autocomplete,tags-s&load[]=uggest,tags-box,word-count,post,svg-painter,thickbox,heartbeat,wp-auth-check,jquery-ui-slider,jquery-touch-punch,iris,wp-color-p&load[]=icker&ver=4.9.8:630 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'hasClass' of undefined
at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=wp-backbone,media-models,wp-plupload,wp-mediaelement,wp-api-request,media-views,media-editor,media-audiovideo,mce-view,imgarease&load[]=lect,image-edit,hoverIntent,common,admin-bar,wp-ajax-response,jquery-color,wp-lists,jquery-ui-menu,jquery-ui-autocomplete,tags-s&load[]=uggest,tags-box,word-count,post,svg-painter,thickbox,heartbeat,wp-auth-check,jquery-ui-slider,jquery-touch-punch,iris,wp-color-p&load[]=icker&ver=4.9.8:630)
at HTMLDocument.dispatch (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,underscore,shortcode,utils,backbone,wp-util,moxiejs,plupload,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-u&load[]=i-mouse,jquery-ui-sortable&ver=4.9.8:3)
at HTMLDocument.r.handle (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,underscore,shortcode,utils,backbone,wp-util,moxiejs,plupload,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-u&load[]=i-mouse,jquery-ui-sortable&ver=4.9.8:3)
at Object.trigger (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,underscore,shortcode,utils,backbone,wp-util,moxiejs,plupload,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-u&load[]=i-mouse,jquery-ui-sortable&ver=4.9.8:3)
at Object.a.event.trigger (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,underscore,shortcode,utils,backbone,wp-util,moxiejs,plupload,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-u&load[]=i-mouse,jquery-ui-sortable&ver=4.9.8:9)
at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,underscore,shortcode,utils,backbone,wp-util,moxiejs,plupload,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-u&load[]=i-mouse,jquery-ui-sortable&ver=4.9.8:3)
at Function.each (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,underscore,shortcode,utils,backbone,wp-util,moxiejs,plupload,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-u&load[]=i-mouse,jquery-ui-sortable&ver=4.9.8:2)
at a.fn.init.each (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,underscore,shortcode,utils,backbone,wp-util,moxiejs,plupload,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-u&load[]=i-mouse,jquery-ui-sortable&ver=4.9.8:2)
at a.fn.init.trigger (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,underscore,shortcode,utils,backbone,wp-util,moxiejs,plupload,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-u&load[]=i-mouse,jquery-ui-sortable&ver=4.9.8:3)
at Object.<anonymous> (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=wp-backbone,media-models,wp-plupload,wp-mediaelement,wp-api-request,media-views,media-editor,media-audiovideo,mce-view,imgarease&load[]=lect,image-edit,hoverIntent,common,admin-bar,wp-ajax-response,jquery-color,wp-lists,jquery-ui-menu,jquery-ui-autocomplete,tags-s&load[]=uggest,tags-box,word-count,post,svg-painter,thickbox,heartbeat,wp-auth-check,jquery-ui-slider,jquery-touch-punch,iris,wp-color-p&load[]=icker&ver=4.9.8:629)

This is what I get when I open the post form for edit, also without trying to do anything. It looks to me like the same basic error, except for the slow network message at the start.

[Intervention] Slow network is detected. See hidden link for more details. Fallback font will be used while loading: hidden link
editor.prototype.js?ver=2.1:178 Uncaught TypeError: $ is not a function
at Toolset.CRED.PostFormsEditor.Toolset.CRED.EditorPagePrototype.initExtraEditors (editor.prototype.js?ver=2.1:178)
at Toolset.CRED.PostFormsEditor.Toolset.CRED.EditorPagePrototype.initIclEditor (editor.prototype.js?ver=2.1:49)
at Toolset.CRED.PostFormsEditor.Toolset.CRED.EditorPagePrototype.init (editor.prototype.js?ver=2.1:360)
at new Toolset.CRED.PostFormsEditor (main.js?ver=2.1:18)
at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (main.js?ver=2.1:24)
at i (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,underscore,shortcode,utils,backbone,wp-util,moxiejs,plupload,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-u&load[]=i-mouse,jquery-ui-sortable&ver=4.9.8:2)
at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,underscore,shortcode,utils,backbone,wp-util,moxiejs,plupload,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-u&load[]=i-mouse,jquery-ui-sortable&ver=4.9.8:2)
at Function.ready (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,underscore,shortcode,utils,backbone,wp-util,moxiejs,plupload,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-u&load[]=i-mouse,jquery-ui-sortable&ver=4.9.8:2)
at HTMLDocument.K (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,underscore,shortcode,utils,backbone,wp-util,moxiejs,plupload,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-u&load[]=i-mouse,jquery-ui-sortable&ver=4.9.8:2)
Toolset.CRED.EditorPagePrototype.initExtraEditors @ editor.prototype.js?ver=2.1:178
Toolset.CRED.EditorPagePrototype.initIclEditor @ editor.prototype.js?ver=2.1:49
Toolset.CRED.EditorPagePrototype.init @ editor.prototype.js?ver=2.1:360
Toolset.CRED.PostFormsEditor @ main.js?ver=2.1:18
(anonymous) @ main.js?ver=2.1:24
i @ load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,underscore,shortcode,utils,backbone,wp-util,moxiejs,plupload,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-u&load[]=i-mouse,jquery-ui-sortable&ver=4.9.8:2
fireWith @ load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,underscore,shortcode,utils,backbone,wp-util,moxiejs,plupload,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-u&load[]=i-mouse,jquery-ui-sortable&ver=4.9.8:2
ready @ load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,underscore,shortcode,utils,backbone,wp-util,moxiejs,plupload,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-u&load[]=i-mouse,jquery-ui-sortable&ver=4.9.8:2
K @ load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,underscore,shortcode,utils,backbone,wp-util,moxiejs,plupload,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-u&load[]=i-mouse,jquery-ui-sortable&ver=4.9.8:2
load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=wp-backbone,media-models,wp-plupload,wp-mediaelement,wp-api-request,media-views,media-editor,media-audiovideo,mce-view,imgarease&load[]=lect,image-edit,hoverIntent,common,admin-bar,wp-ajax-response,jquery-color,wp-lists,jquery-ui-menu,jquery-ui-autocomplete,tags-s&load[]=uggest,tags-box,word-count,post,svg-painter,thickbox,heartbeat,wp-auth-check,jquery-ui-slider,jquery-touch-punch,iris,wp-color-p&load[]=icker&ver=4.9.8:630 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'hasClass' of undefined
at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=wp-backbone,media-models,wp-plupload,wp-mediaelement,wp-api-request,media-views,media-editor,media-audiovideo,mce-view,imgarease&load[]=lect,image-edit,hoverIntent,common,admin-bar,wp-ajax-response,jquery-color,wp-lists,jquery-ui-menu,jquery-ui-autocomplete,tags-s&load[]=uggest,tags-box,word-count,post,svg-painter,thickbox,heartbeat,wp-auth-check,jquery-ui-slider,jquery-touch-punch,iris,wp-color-p&load[]=icker&ver=4.9.8:630)
at HTMLDocument.dispatch (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,underscore,shortcode,utils,backbone,wp-util,moxiejs,plupload,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-u&load[]=i-mouse,jquery-ui-sortable&ver=4.9.8:3)
at HTMLDocument.r.handle (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,underscore,shortcode,utils,backbone,wp-util,moxiejs,plupload,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-u&load[]=i-mouse,jquery-ui-sortable&ver=4.9.8:3)
at Object.trigger (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,underscore,shortcode,utils,backbone,wp-util,moxiejs,plupload,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-u&load[]=i-mouse,jquery-ui-sortable&ver=4.9.8:3)
at Object.a.event.trigger (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,underscore,shortcode,utils,backbone,wp-util,moxiejs,plupload,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-u&load[]=i-mouse,jquery-ui-sortable&ver=4.9.8:9)
at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,underscore,shortcode,utils,backbone,wp-util,moxiejs,plupload,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-u&load[]=i-mouse,jquery-ui-sortable&ver=4.9.8:3)
at Function.each (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,underscore,shortcode,utils,backbone,wp-util,moxiejs,plupload,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-u&load[]=i-mouse,jquery-ui-sortable&ver=4.9.8:2)
at a.fn.init.each (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,underscore,shortcode,utils,backbone,wp-util,moxiejs,plupload,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-u&load[]=i-mouse,jquery-ui-sortable&ver=4.9.8:2)
at a.fn.init.trigger (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,underscore,shortcode,utils,backbone,wp-util,moxiejs,plupload,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widget,jquery-u&load[]=i-mouse,jquery-ui-sortable&ver=4.9.8:3)
at Object.<anonymous> (load-scripts.php?c=0&load[]=wp-backbone,media-models,wp-plupload,wp-mediaelement,wp-api-request,media-views,media-editor,media-audiovideo,mce-view,imgarease&load[]=lect,image-edit,hoverIntent,common,admin-bar,wp-ajax-response,jquery-color,wp-lists,jquery-ui-menu,jquery-ui-autocomplete,tags-s&load[]=uggest,tags-box,word-count,post,svg-painter,thickbox,heartbeat,wp-auth-check,jquery-ui-slider,jquery-touch-punch,iris,wp-color-p&load[]=icker&ver=4.9.8:629)

I ended up doing the steps backwards, which was just as well as I ran into javascript errors.
If you went through the steps backwards, that implies you tested with your other plugins and custom child theme active. Unfortunately tests with other components active don't really help me pin down the source of the problem. So the order of the tests I recommended is important, and I need to know the results of the tests when performed in the order I wrote them.

Since the site is in production, deactivating plugins is tough. Fortunately, I tried just deactivating the plugins that affect the Admin area and it turns out that WP Email Users is the culprit.

I don't need to have WPEU active all the time, but I will need it on occasion, so it would be nice to know why it is conflicting.

Any thoughts?

Okay thank you, I am able to replicate this problem with only Toolset and WP Email Users active so I suspect we have a compatibility issue here. I will escalate this to my Compatibility team for further analysis. I'll let you know what I find out. For the time being, the only workaround I can offer is to temporarily disable the WP Email Users plugin while editing Forms.

I look forward to the issue being fixed, but it is not going to be much of an inconvenience in the mean time. I can leave WP Email Users deactivated until things are sorted out.

Thanks for your help.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.