Skip Navigation

[Closed] Problems with fields table

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 9 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Waqas 9 years ago.

Assisted by: Waqas.

Author
Screen Shot 2015-04-07 at 17.41.22.png
Screen Shot 2015-04-07 at 17.40.42.png
Screen Shot 2015-04-07 at 17.39.22.png

Hi, our installation of TYPES has been running smoothly, and we had succeeded in setting up the functionality we wanted, integrating the plug-in with our theme and custom code.

but at some point in the last few days, things stopped working properly, and this doesn't seem to correspond to any changes we've made or the recent addition of any other plug-ins.

I have created a login for you, so that you can see the problems i'm referring to yourself.
username: toolset
password: ;v891Y80=E1s&EQ

There are three symptoms I can see at the moment

1. In custom post types hidden link you can see that our custom type 'Discography Repertoire" is perpetually deactivated, and reverts to 'deactivated' as soon as you try to activate it. However as you can see in the side menu, the type IS active and is appearing as a post type in the sidebar.

2. Three of our post types are child types, and fields for adding these posts within the parent type Artist have been added, see for example here hidden link This has all been working fine, but now, if no child posts have yet been added, the first attempt to 'Add new' from within the parent post, fails perpetually - the spinning wheel just keeps spinning and the field now never appears unless you refresh the page. This has never happened before, and was definitely fine as recently as last Thursday.

3. As soon as you HAVE created a child post, the 'add media' button within the content editor area of the page's admin, no longer works. This is also a new problem.

It seems that the only thing we have recently changed that could have caused these problems is updating to 1.6.6 of types. I tried today updating again to 1.6.6.1 but it hasn't helped.

Thanks

Chris

Waqas
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

I apologise for the issues caused by recent upgrade. However, can you please try this with a standard theme of Word Press (i.e. Twenty Fifteen or earlier)? Just to ensure if it's related to your particular theme or plugin itself has an issue.

Please let me know, so I can proceed further with this issue, thanks.

Hi there,

yes can confirm the issue is still there regardless of theme, and also have discovered since writing to you other buttons that are deactivated by the presence of TYPES child posts:

in addition to the 'add media' button as discussed, also
- the screen options button in the top right corner of the page
- the add button when entering taxonomy in the right hand sidebar

thanks
Chris

I have EXACTLY the same problem after updating the types plugin. So it's definitely nothing theme-related.

Have temporarily reverted to an older version of the plugin I still had so the site is back usable as before.

Thanks for the input Laurent.

Waqas is there a way you can help me to roll back to an earlier version of the plugin so that i can keep building my site while you guys are fixing the new version?

Thanks
Chris

Waqas
Supporter

@christopherh-3: Can I ask for a temporary access to your site? So I can look for more details.

I have enabled your next reply as private, please input all details in that area. Please mention the links to the pages, views, forms, CPTs and configurations in question.

Please take a backup of your site, before proceeding.

@laurentv: I will suggest to open a separate thread to register this issue, so you can get more focused solution (and patches if required).

However, just a side note, in case you guys want to rollback to previous version. You just need to download the previous version of Types from either https://toolset.com/home/types-manage-post-types-taxonomy-and-custom-fields/developers/ or https://toolset.com/download/types/#changelog (after login).

And then, replace the current installation with the intended version. It's better to do this replacement via FTP. Just rename the existing (current) installation of Types and upload the required one (under /wp-content/plugins/).

Waqas
Supporter

Thank you for providing the details. However, we have just released a new update for Types (1.6.6.2). Can you please upgrade your Types to the new release and confirm if it fixes the issue or not?

Please let me know, thanks.

The topic ‘[Closed] Problems with fields table’ is closed to new replies.