Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Problem with manual entered values in custom search

This support ticket is created 2 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 1 year, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I am trying to: I have a problem with the manual insertion of the filters inside the custom post search, in particular in the field "prezzo" and "rata".

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see: On the front-end page I don't see the data I entered manually and on the back-end it doesn't save the changes

Instead, I got:

on the back-end it doesn't save the changes
Hello, can you show me some screenshots of the backend area where you are trying to add custom search filters for these two fields you mentioned? I will take a closer look and see what is going on, and hopefully offer some advice for achieving something.

On the front-end page I don't see the data I entered manually
Can you show me a screenshot showing where you expect to see this data entered manually?

Schermata 2021-08-30 alle 10.41.55.jpg
Schermata 2021-08-30 alle 16.43.02.png

Hi, in attached there are screenshot

Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 11.44.44 AM.png

In the View configurations, is the option "Show only filter options that would produce results" selected? If so, can you try deselecting this option? It is in the Custom Search panel of the main View block.

Hi, ok this option is deselected but nothing changes

Okay you mentioned that the custom filter settings are not saved as expected in the backend. Let's try to rule out a conflict with another component in the site:
- Please temporarily deactivate all custom code snippets in Toolset > Settings > Custom code
- Temporarily deactivate all 3rd-party plugins except Types and Blocks
- Temporarily activate a default theme like Twenty Twenty One
- Try saving the custom filter settings again
- If the settings are saved as expected, you can reactivate your theme, plugins, and code snippets one by one, testing each time, until the problem returns
- If the settings are not saved as expected, I'll need to take a closer look in wp-admin to see what may be happening.

Please let me know the results of this troubleshooting process and we can continue from there.

Hello, tried logging in to the site using these credentials, but I am shown an error message instead.
"Errore: la password inserita per il nome utente Toolset User non è corretta. Password dimenticata?"

Can you confirm the password is accurate? I will reactivate private reply fields here.

Okay thanks, I see several errors in the JavaScript console when I try to make changes in the Block editor. Would it be okay for me to make a clone of your site so I can run some additional tests in my local environment? I'd like to be able to monitor the database while I'm using the site, and that's easiest in a local clone of the site. If thats okay with you, I'll install the Duplicator or All-in-One WP Migration plugin and create the site clone. Let me know i you approve and I will continue investigating.

ok for me is fine

Thanks, I have been able to replicate the problem in my local site. There seems to be an issue with entering custom values in a number field filter, so I have escalated the problem to my 2nd tier support team for additional investigation. If a workaround or patch is made available, I will update you as soon as I have that information available.

It turns out this issue has already been reported to our developers, who are working on a permanent fix for the problem. I'll keep you up to date here as work progresses.

For other Users who find this ticket by searching the forums for a similar problem:
Our developers have created an erratum post about this issue, which you can find here: https://toolset.com/errata/choosing-manual-options-for-custom-search-filter-provokes-js-error/

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi there

I wanted to let you know that we published plugin updates today that include a fix for this issue.

If the updates do not show up on your plugin installer page (click the registered link beneath the plugin name to go to the custom installer page) click the the Check for Updates button to update the list.

Or you can download the latest versions from your accounts page: https://toolset.com/account/downloads

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.