Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Problem Updating Toolset Data Structures: Storage Overhead, BLOBS?

This support ticket is created 2 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.45 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice.

Last updated by zacharyL 2 years, 4 months ago.

Author

I just updated a site that hadn't been managed in quite some time and I encountered the following error:

Oops! There's been a problem when upgrading Toolset data structures. Please make sure your current configuration allows WordPress to alter database tables.If the problem persists, please don't hesitate to contact our support with this technical information:

Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table type, not counting BLOBs, is 8126. This includes storage overhead, check the manual. You have to change some columns to TEXT or BLOBs

This is the first time I've ever seen an error like this, despite having worked with Toolset for a considerable amount of time, and I have no idea what to make of this. I found that it especially doesn't play nicely with the Divi Integration Plugin, resulting in the site refusing to load on the frontend, so I've dialed back Toolset to make sure that the site can at least function for the time being.

Any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Never mind. I found what the problem was.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.