Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Pre-registration Form that does not create content

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I would like to create a Form that sends an automatic email notification, but I do not want to create content with the Form.

Solution: A Form must create or edit content, whether that is a post of some kind or a User. You can use automatic post expiration to trash these new posts, and clear out the trash periodically to keep the database cleaner.

This support ticket is created 5 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jiriK-2 5 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Hello,

here I have an User registration form - working properly hidden link

Because after this registration the user is going to receive automatically generated password and a user name (personal information) I would like to make some pre-registration page.

WHAT I MEAN

Pre-registration Page: It is a very simple thing - There is going to be just an e-mail address field and a submit button - after filling this e-mail address and submission there is going to be sent Notification e-mail with the link on a real registration User Form (as a hidden page).

MY PROBLEM: I don't want to make any content with using this Post Form as here hidden link so I don't know what to choose or how to make my idea working.

Many thanks for your suggestion.

Best,

Jiri

MY PROBLEM: I don't want to make any content with using this Post Form
A Toolset Form must either make content or edit content, whether that is a post of some kind or a User account. There is no way to set up a Form that does not perform one of these functions. Instead, you can create one specific custom post type just for holding these submissions, then set an automatic expiration date on the new posts. CRED will automatically trash those new posts after the expiration date, and you can periodically empty the Trash for this post type to keep the database from being loaded.

Hello Christian,

I got it,

thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.