Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Post Type layout not updating to all posts

This support ticket is created 7 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 7 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I am trying to set my default post type to a single post type layout. I want to use one layout for all my post types. In the backend when I assign the layout to posts it updates some of the records but not all of them. I have more than 16 000 posts on the site, and about 2500 cannot be assigned the default post type.

It shows a message to Use this layout for 2580 Posts and when I click on it, I am expecting that these posts will be assigned the default posts layout, it runs but without any effect.

Can you please assist me to assign all posts layouts to one default layout for posts.

I am experiencing the problem on hidden link

Thanks

Hi, I'll try to help get this resolved. First, I'd like to see if there are any server-side reasons why the assignment process is not applying to all your posts.

1. I would like to see if any errors are being generated. You can see how to enable debug logging here:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/debugging-toolset/

Go in your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Then add these lines, just before it says 'stop editing here':

ini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');

Then, run the Layout application process again on the 2580 posts that did not get updated. If there are any server-side errors thrown, this will create an error_log.txt file in your site's root directory. Please send me its contents. Once that is done, revert the updates you made to wp-config.php.

2. I would like to take a look at some of your site configurations. We have an excellent article with instructions located here: https://toolset.com/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

NOTE: Please be sure to check the box to indicate you can provide debug info and paste your debug info in the debug field provided, and NOT in the general response field.

Debug inputs can be found for your next reply, sorry if I forgot to open those in the last response.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.