Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Post Type Added to Access But Single Posts Are still visible

This support ticket is created 4 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 4 years ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

I am trying to: Restrict access to a custom post type "community calls." I've added this post type to Access and have turned off Read Access to Guests.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: You should not be able to view this page and there should be a login form.

Instead, I got: Both the post content and login form are visible. This does not happen with other post types such as: hidden link

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

From what I can see so far, you are using Elementor Pro for the custom post template, right? Or are you using a Toolset content template?
I think that I'll need to take a closer look at your setup before telling more. Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely. ** Make a database backup before sharing credentials. **

Jamal
Supporter

Thank you for the credentials. I logged in in your website successfully.

The difference between Alumni and Community calls is the page builder. The Alumni are using a Toolset Layout for displaying the post, and Community calls are using an Elementor Pro Single Post template.

I would like to take a copy of your website for further debugging. Can you install the Duplicator plugin and take a copy? I'll download it later.

Yep, done

Jamal
Supporter

Hello and my apologies for the late reply. I had to wait for a new Elementor Pro license to check if this error is reproducible on a clean install. I was not able to reproduce it with minimal setup(without layouts(for 404 page)). I will try that too later.

I built a local copy from your website and I am having different results right now. When I visit /community-call/reshaping-the-workforce-busting-bureaucracy/ locally it redirects me to the root page (/).
The issue needs more debugging. And I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Jamal
Supporter

I was not able to reproduce the issue on my clean install for layouts. Then I built another copy locally and worked on it. I had to deactivate mu-plugins, drop-ins, and a couple of plugins to work on it.
The issue persists in a minimal install(2020 theme+Elementor+Toolset). The issue persists if we use deactivated Toolset Layouts and configured the restriction to display to a content template.
The restriction works for the options("Default error", "Show 404 – page not found").

Let me approach our 2nd tier about this issue and get back to you.

Jamal
Supporter

According to our 2nd Tier, the result is expected as Toolset Access will control the output of the post content.

Because you are using an Elementor Pro, it takes control over the output of the page. But the template uses the content widget. The content of the widget is then controlled by Access which displays the login form if the visitor is guest.

If you use a Content template, similar to Alumni, the result for a guest will not be mixed. If you want to keep the Elementor template, you will have to choose a different option for the guest restriction ("Default error", "Show 404 – page not found"), then you can customize your errors pages, using Elementor Pro, or editing directly the theme to include the login form.

I hope this helps. Let me know your feedback.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.