Skip Navigation

[Closed] Post Relationships within same custom post type

This support ticket is created 2 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 2 years, 8 months ago.

Author

I was disappointed to find out that there currently is no way to create post relationships between two or more posts of the same post type.

The only thing I can think of is to provide a field where the user entering the data enters the slug of the post they want to link to and then do the same back from the other post to the original one, but this seems problematic to say the least.

Is there a more elegant work around for this limitation? is this something that is being worked on for a future release?

thx.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Sorry, I don't have a better solution for you.

Adding self-joins (i.e. relationships between posts of the same type) is on our development board and is a popular request, but we don't have any resources scheduled to work on it at the moment, so I cannot say when the feature will become available.

I've added your voice to that existing internal ticket, but in the meantime you would need a bespoke solution such as that you describe.

The topic ‘[Closed] Post Relationships within same custom post type’ is closed to new replies.