Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Post form notification emails not sending

This support ticket is created 2 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.55 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by patrickM-3 2 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do? Send new post notifications from Toolset Forms

Is there any documentation that you are following? Standard

Is there a similar example that we can see? N/A

What is the link to your site? samedaywindshield.com

I'm using WP Mail SMTP plugin and have configured it to send using sendgrid.com

The test email work.

Post forms test emails work.

The forms are not sending notifications

I am using WP Mail SMTP plugin for email. The domain is configured to use Gmail for email and the server is using that external email server.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Patrick,

Can you confirm that this issue doesn't occur with version 2.6.0 of the WP SMTP Mail plugin ?

You can download the previous version by scrolling to the bottom of the page in the link below.
https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-mail-smtp/advanced/

I see where other customers are reporting a similar issue and saw that this plugin was recently updated last thursday.

Thanks,
Shane

I'm using version 3.3.0 and I am not upgrading from any prior version

I can use any plugin and any email service. The domain with the issue is using gmail for emails.

What plugin(s) and SMTP services do you recommend?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for the additional information. Given that you're only experiencing the issue with GMAIL then it might be a case with the GMAIL SMTP however i'm confirming with other users who are experiencing this issue if its with GMAIL.

Thanks,
Shane

I have successfully connected WP Mail SMTP to Google's Gmail and sent a test message from the plugin.

When I edit any post form and test email sending for notifications in that form, the returned message in Toolset says "message sent successfully", however the email does not arrive and there is no record of it in the WP Mail SMPT plugin.

I desperately need to get this working. I do not know why everything appears to function correctly but the emails from Toolset Forms do not work.

I am experiencing this issue with any SMTP host. I am unable to get Toolset Forms notifications to send. The Toolset Forms test email indicates that it succeeded, however the email does not send. All of the test emails in SMTP plugins function and send. It is only and specifically the Toolset notifications that fail to send.

I have duplicated the entire website at samedaywindshield.com to samedaywindshield.com/dev/

I changed the plugin in the /dev/ copy to the 2.6 version. The issue is identical to the production copy. Although the Toolset email test indicates success, no emails are sent and none of the notifications are working.

I duplicated the entire site to a subfolder: samedaywindshield.com/dev/ I installed version 2.6.0 of the WP Mail SMTP plugin and configured it to use Gmail. I am experiencing the exact same issue. The test emails in Toolset Forms report success but no email is sent or received.

Please help.

I am not seeing more than the first 7 posts in this discussion. For some reason the Toolset site is not displaying any posts after that, so I do not know if my posts are being added or if there are responses. Is there a limit to the maximum number of posts? Should I open another ticket?

Please help.

I have disabled all other plugins and have switched the theme to the WordPress 2022 theme. I made a new page and only placed one of the Toolset forms on that page. It behaves the same way as the production copy of the site.

It properly records new leads but it fails to send any of the email notifications. There is something wrong with Toolset email. I can test the form notifications and Toolset will report that the emails have succeeded but they HAVE NOT.

Toolset appears to be trying to use the localhost to send emails even when a plugin has reconfigured WordPress to use an external SMTP server. Because Toolset routes email to the local server, those emails are blackholed and never delivered.

This is a major problem and I am unable to get any resolution from Toolset. Why does Toolset send email through the local server when a WordPress plugin is in place and correctly configured to route email to an esternal server? Whjy haven's you responded to this ticket? I have a high volume customer that depends on Toolset and it is malfunctioning.

5 hours and no response at all?

This issue has been resolved. Please see https://toolset.com/forums/topic/toolset-forms-routes-notification-emails-to-local-server-when-it-should-not/

The plugin WP Mail SMTP is not handling Toolset emails properly. Replacing that plugin with Post SMTP corrects the issue. I have notified the makers of the WP Mail SMTP plugin of the issue.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.