Skip Navigation

[Resolved] post form is not sending notification email

This support ticket is created 2 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 20 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 2 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I have a post form that is supposed to send an email confirmation when a new post is entered. It has always worked - but it suddenly stopped working a few days ago and no email is getting sent.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Elise,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Can you confirm if you're using the WP SMTP Mail plugin ? If so can you try reverting to the previous version and let me know if this solves the issue ?

At the bottom of this page there should be an option to select the previous version.
https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-mail-smtp/advanced/

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Actually, I am using Easy WP SMTP Version 1.4.7 By wpecommerce, alexanderfoxc

I just sent a test email from that plugin and it seems to be working ...

Shane
Supporter

Hi Elise,

Given that there are a few customers with this issue and right now it appears to be a case with the SMTP plugins.

Are you by any chance using GMAIL as your SMTP provider?

Thanks,
Shane

No - we are using our website (nmi.org) through our provider, Bluehost.

Interestingly, on my other website - writingmusicaltheatre.com - the notifications seem to be working - and I'm using the same plugin (Easy WP SMTP) - although I only tested it on a form where the notification is triggered by updating a field in an existing post - and it worked fine.
At my nmi.org site, the problem is happening when a new post is submitted and the initial submission is what is supposed to trigger the notification.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Elise,

Thank you for the additional information.

Do you have the option of using an alternative SMTP plugin? Our 2nd team managed to perform some tests and found that the WP Mail SMTP isn't working as intended.

They recommend not using this plugin and try using the POST SMTP plugin as an alternative.
https://wordpress.org/plugins/post-smtp/

Please try this plugin and let me know if it works for you.

Thanks,
Shane

I want to clarify that I am not using WP Mail SMTP - I am using Easy WP SMTP - and I am using it on a different website with no issues, so I don't know why it's not working on nmi.org (it works fine on writingmusicaltheatre.com)

Screenshot.jpg

I just downloaded and switched to the plugin you suggested above. I sent a test email from the plugin and it worked fine.

However - when I tried to send a test email from the Toolset Post Form Notification - it failed (see screenshot)

And - I got the following error message emailed to me by the new plugin:

You getting this message because an error detected while delivered your email.
For the domain: hidden link
The log to paste when you open a support issue:
No Such User Here"

Sorry - clarification - my bad. The test email from the notification page DID work (I had entered an invalid email address and tried again and it worked.)

HOWEVER when I actually submit the form (which is supposed to trigger the notification) - the notification does NOT send (even though this form used to work just fine - and was working up until about February 12).

elise

Shane
Supporter

Hi Elise,

Would you mind allowing me to have admin access to the website so that I can have a more detailed look at this for you ?

Please where applicable please provide me with a link to an example page where I can see the issue.

I've enabled the private fields for your next response.

Also given that this was working fine until february and no change was made to our plugins then the issue i suspect is on the side of either the SMTP plugin or the SMTP service you're using such as google.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Elise,

I installed an email logger plugin to log each time an email is sent from the site. I can confirm that on the frontend no emails are being sent when you submit the veterans form.

However I can see logs of user registrations. Are the users being registered through a frontend user from made by our Toolset forms plugin ?

Secondly can you confirm that this form sends out the emails from the frontend.

Here is the link below for the email logs being sent from your site.
hidden link

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

- the registration emails are being sent out through a front-end form made in a different plugin - WP Client. (sadly, even though I have ReCaptcha on that form, we get LOTS of bogus registrations that I have to delete)

- regarding the notifications from the Veterans' form - I actually did get two notifications last week (one on 2/27 for Bretah Menifree, and one on 2/28 for Reginald Doty) - but I know from my post records that there were at least 12 other submissions during that same time period that did NOT have notifications sent (I get copies of all notifications sent to me).

By the end, this issue isn't just on this form. I have other forms with notifications that aren't triggering.

The one I've just noticed is for the form:
hidden link

This is the form I use to charge quarter member dues to my membership - when I post a charge, it is supposed to trigger an email to the member to tell them they've been charged, and a copy to me. But it's not working either!

Help!

Elise

screenshot.jpg

Please also note that when I go to the form noted above and send a test email - it sends successfully (see screenshot) and I receive the test email.
But when I fill out the form and submit it, the notification does NOT trigger.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.