Skip Navigation

[Resolved] post form is not sending notification email

This support ticket is created 2 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 20 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 2 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

If it helps with the above at all - in order to charge my members, I create a page on the fly that shows the past due balance, and then shows the form to add a charge.

A sample of that page is here:
hidden link

(the author filter changes depending on whose record I'm bringing up).

When I submit this form from this page - the post is entered properly, but the email notification is NOT triggered (as it used to be)

Elise

I wanted to report that even though the form mentioned in this thread is still not triggering a notification email (Member Dues Charge Form - which creates a new form) - another form for the same post IS triggering the notification email - the MEMBER DUES EDIT FORM ADMIN (which edits a post rather than creating one) - hidden link

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Elise,

We have our 2nd tier team still looking into this issue for us, however for further clarity. When you've disabled all the SMTP plugins is your website still able to end out emails ?

Meaning if you fill out the forms on the frontend does the notification get sent ?

Please let me know so we can have as much failure/success scenario as possible.

Thanks,
Shane

I just deactivated all SMTP plugins - and I was still able to send a basic contact info form - but this particular Toolset Form notification email was NOT triggered. (even though - as I said - the Toolset notification DOES trigger when I use the EDIT form - but not the CREATE form)

Hey - it suddenly started working today! I didn't make any changes, did you?
( and I did reactive my SMTP plugin)

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Elise,

That is good News.

Actually I didn't make any changes to the site at all.

What you can do is to continue to monitor over the next few days to see if the issue returns.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.