Skip Navigation

[Resolved] post field group not possible to change Type after ceating

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Weber Edouard Marie Anne 1 year, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
WhatsApp Image 2022-08-08 at 11.58.01 AM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-08-08 at 11.57.46 AM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-08-08 at 11.55.32 AM.jpeg

I am trying to:
change post type from "all" to "works ". seems to do it, but does not save the change !!!
Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link
I expected to see:
Post Type(s): works the next time I charge the "post field group"
Instead, I got:
no change!!!! despite pinching at "save field group"

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for getting in touch.

In a case like this when the plugins are not functioning as intended we recommended that you disable the non-toolset plugins.
What this means is that you will need to go through your list of plugins and disable each of your plugins one at a time while checking to see if the issue still remains.

Thanks,
Shane

today my "Field Group for artists" is also disabled!!!
yesterday I still was able to change/edit artist and exposition!!!
when updating up in the lash/tab of the browser it shows a dot moving from right to left while communicating with the server: in both field groups this does no more happen!!!!

disabling all the plugins "WooCommerce" and "Advanced Custom Fields" does not change anything!!!!

what's your advise now???

best
ed.

please instead of
"
disabling all the plugins "WooCommerce" and "Advanced Custom Fields" does not change anything!!!!
"
read
"disabling all the plugins EXCEPT "WooCommerce" and "Advanced Custom Fields" does not change anything!!!!
"

thanks

I also deactivated "advanced custom fields" which either has no effect

as I cannot add a "post reference" to the 2 groups while the third group accepts and ads the relation, I am i am inclined to think that something at the "client side" (browser) is not working

Shane
Supporter

Hello,

Would you mind allowing me to have admin access to the website so that I can have a more detailed look at this for you ?

Please where applicable please provide me with a link to an example page where I can see the issue.

I've enabled the private fields for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

looking at the screen I am surprised about what it seems I sent.
so here you get screenshots with the (correct) data

sorry for mess

Shane
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the credentials.

I was able to see it issue and it is being caused by the field obra_PK. The default value that you set for the field is not a Number so the field group won't save.

You will need to change the default value to a number for this field and then you should be able to save.

Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.