Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Pop up Modal to display contents of field

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by danC-5 1 year, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
On our clients site they have a custom field that shows the task history of certain events. The way it's setup right now is with a custom shortcode to limit the contents to only show 300 characters so it doesn't display the length of the entire contents.

What I'm trying to do is have a button under this field in the looping table view that would simply pop up a Modal displaying the entire contents of this field so if they wanted to see everything in it they can. I already have a similar setup with a cred_form displaying in the loop based on the item id in the loop. I'm currently having trouble duplicating this issue but only display the contents in a field that can't be edited.

Is this possible?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Yes, it will be possible but requires some additional efforts to integrate the popup.

Can you please share admin access details.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

I would like to know - You want to apply the modal popup for "Most Recent Activity" field or "History" field?

I'm looking for the same setup. But I want one button for each section. So the end result will have 2 buttons, 1 button for the Most recent, and 1 button for the history that each pop up a Modal for their respective sections.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.