Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Plugin Creation with ToolSet?

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by MattI4840 1 year, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Christopher Amirian.

Author

I'm building a web app for a client that will have several separate, but interconnected components. For instance it will have a simple CRM component that tracks client info and contracts. It will also have an inventory tracking component that keeps records for multiple warehouses.

Is there any way I can build these components separately and package them in some way similar to a plugin? I'd really like to be able to reuse these components both separately and in combination with each other. I was looking at the Export/Import page, but that looks to be a lengthy manual process, and since there are some relationships shared between the two modules, if only one is installed it will cause issues with some of the forms and so on. (maybe I can use conditional logic to remedy that, just thinking while typing).

Let me know your thoughts, I know this more conceptual and may not fall under the support scope, if so no worries just let me know.

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Hi there,

The toolset is developed with the mindset of using the package for a website and not the way that you want to use it.

Unfortunately, there is no packaging system that you would be able to install components separately.

Toolset needs all its components and created relationships and stuff available to work correctly.

Thanks.

Hey Chris,

I appreciate the response, I didn't think there was a way to do this with toolset but I wanted to be sure.

Thanks,
Matt

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.