Skip Navigation

[Resolved] PHP Fatal Error

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Hello, we've tried updating our server to PHP 8 and on doing so we get a PHP fatal error message...

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught ValueError: Missing format specifier at end of string in .../plugins/types/vendor/toolset/types/embedded/includes/custom-types.php:200

I've had a look at this code and seems to be related to labels for Custom Post Types and dealing with singular/plural names.

Since some of our Custom Post Types have the same Singular and Plural name as that's what makes sense grammatically, would that be causing the fatal error here?

Apologies I'm not able to share a backup or access to the website currently but hopefully the above will be sufficient info to provide some guidance.

Thanks

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

You must be using the PHP 8.1.x version or greater.
Can you please edit all your custom post types one by one you created from: Toolset => Post types

And make sure that the label should be for the following items under the "labels" section on your post type edit screen:
- "Parent Description %s" instead of "Parent Description"
- "All Items %s" instead of "All Items"

To edit it you should update your PHP version to PHP 7.4.x and later once you made the changes you should update the PHP version to your desired PHP version.

Hi Minesh,

All labels are are now correct as described but the error still appears, it is on PHP 8.0 only, here's the full error in case it helps:

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught ValueError: Missing format specifier at end of string in .../plugins/types/vendor/toolset/types/embedded/includes/custom-types.php:200
Stack trace:
#0 .../plugins/types/vendor/toolset/types/embedded/includes/custom-types.php(200): sprintf()
#1 .../plugins/types/vendor/toolset/types/embedded/includes/custom-types.php(104): wpcf_custom_types_register()
#2 .../plugins/types/vendor/toolset/types/embedded/functions.php(117): wpcf_custom_types_init()
#3 .../wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): wpcf_init_custom_types_taxonomies()
#4 .../wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(334): WP_Hook->apply_filters()
#5 .../wp-includes/plugin.php(517): WP_Hook->do_action()
#6 .../wp-settings.php(632): do_action()
#7 .../wp-config.php(155): require_once('...')
#8 .../wp-load.php(50): require_once('...')
#9 .../wp-blog-header.php(13): require_once('...')
#10 .../index.php(17): require('...')
#11 {main}
thrown in .../plugins/types/vendor/toolset/types/embedded/includes/custom-types.php on line 200

Thanks

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Can you please tell me what exactly the PHP 8 version you are using?

Also, Can you please send me either duplicator copy of your site or database?

Can you please send me duplicator copy of your site:
- https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Hi Minesh,

The problem seems to resolved itself so I will close this ticket and open a new one if the error reappears, I think it must have been a server/caching issue.

Thanks for you assistance.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.