Skip Navigation

[Resolved] php error / warning after updating to Astra 2.2

This support ticket is created 4 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 20 replies, has 7 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 4 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Schermafbeelding 2020-01-02 om 21.56.24.png

I'm getting this error when I use the Blocks plugin after updating the Astra theme to 2.2 .

Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, cannot access private method Astra_Addon_Background_Updater::needs_db_update() in /app/public/wp-content/plugins/toolset-blocks/vendor/toolset/toolset-theme-settings/compatibility-modules/controllers/toolset-theme-integration-settings-front-end-controller.php on line 363

The site is displayed correctly when the plugin is deactivated .

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Do you mean that - you have Toolset Blocks plugin installed and activated and later you update the Astra theme to 2.2 and you are seeing Warning message on every admin page?

Please correct me if my understanding is not clear.

Hi Minesh,

Thanks for your response. To answer your question.

I've reinstalled the older theme version 2.1.4 .
The error occurs again. So, this would mean the conflict isn't caused by the update.

When I deactivate toolset block it works fine.

So after going through my latest adjustments to the site, I recall that I imported some custom types from an older site. Maybe things went wrong there?

in addition to my previous message:

on the 'old website' from which I imported the custom post types I used the views plugin instead of the blocks plugin. Maybe this can cause the site to break?

Best regards, Joop

Minesh
Supporter

on the 'old website' from which I imported the custom post types, I used the views plugin instead of the blocks plugin. Maybe this can cause the site to break?
==>
What if you try to add the Toolset Blocks plugin to your old (please make a another copy of your old website and check) website? Do you see the same error? If yes:

Please share a duplicator copy of your site where I can see the issue.
=> https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

I installed the Blocks Plugin on the old website ; hidden link. The site work fine. However it uses a Genesis theme instead of Astra. So there’s no conflict with the theme intregration as the error message seems to indicate.

I ‘ll look into the duplicator copy.

Minesh
Supporter

Ok - but what if you switch to the Astra theme on that site - just to rule out the post type import you have had performed with your site?

HI,

we have a astra site with toolset and experience the same issues after updating both astra an toolset, no importing scenario here but still the same problem:

Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, cannot access private method Astra_Addon_Background_Updater::needs_db_update() in /home/..../public_html/domains/***/wp-content/plugins/wp-views/vendor/toolset/toolset-theme-settings/compatibility-modules/controllers/toolset-theme-integration-settings-front-end-controller.php on line 363

New threads created by Minesh and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-php-error-warning-after-updating-to-astra-2-2/

I have this error, too.
It appears if I update Astra Pro Addon to v2.2.x . I get this error on the frontend of the website:

Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, cannot access private method Astra_Addon_Background_Updater::needs_db_update() in /../../../wp-content/plugins/wp-views/vendor/toolset/toolset-theme-settings/compatibility-modules/controllers/toolset-theme-integration-settings-front-end-controller.php on line 363 Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, cannot access private method Astra_Addon_Background_Updater::needs_db_update() in /../../../wp-content/plugins/wp-views/vendor/toolset/toolset-theme-settings/compatibility-modules/controllers/toolset-theme-integration-settings-front-end-controller.php on line 363 Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, cannot access private method Astra_Addon_Background_Updater::is_db_updated() in /../../../wp-content/plugins/wp-views/vendor/toolset/toolset-theme-settings/compatibility-modules/controllers/toolset-theme-integration-settings-front-end-controller.php on line 363 Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, cannot access private method Astra_Addon_Background_Updater::is_db_updated() in /../../../wp-content/plugins/wp-views/vendor/toolset/toolset-theme-settings/compatibility-modules/controllers/toolset-theme-integration-settings-front-end-controller.php on line 363

If I revert back to Astra Pro Addon v2.1.4 --> all is fine. So Astra made an Update of the theme yesterday. See: hidden link The error must be in the Pro Addon - not in the theme itself. Because I can use the Astra Theme v2.2.0 without any problems. Only if I update the Astra Pro Plugin the error appears...

This is what I get via e-Mail "The site is experiencing technical difficulties." :

Fehler-Details
==============
Ein Fehler vom Typ E_COMPILE_ERROR wurde in der Zeile 47 der Datei /../../../wp-content/plugins/astra-addon/classes/class-astra-addon-background-updater.php verursacht. Fehlermeldung: require_once(): Failed opening required '/../../../wp-content/plugins/astra-addon/classes/library/batch-processing/wp-async-request.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php')####

Will there be a fix on Toolset, soon?

New threads created by Minesh and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-php-error-warning-after-updating-to-astra-2-2-2/

Minesh
Supporter

I confirm the issue when Astra Pro addon plugin Version 2.2.2 is installed and activated.

As soon as I deactivate the Astra Pro addon plugin, the warning disappears.

I've escalated the issue to our next level support, I'll get in touch with you as soon as I know more.

Any updates on a fix for this? I have the same issue, and note after a google search of the error, quite a few websites are displaying the same error publically.

I contacted Astra Support as well and they've reproduced and debugged the error. My understanding is that there's an ongoing collaboration between toolset / astra. I assume it'll be cured in an upcoming update of the blocks plugin. For now let's wait for toolset support to figure it out and notify us when a solution is there.

If you've made a backup (which I didn't) you can use with the previous version of the Astra Pro plugin.

Minesh
Supporter

Thank you joop.

I'll get in touch with you as soon as I get updates on this issue. The issue is already reported to our Devs and they would likely to share the fix for this issue as soon as possible.

So I updated to the latest version 2.2.4 of Astra Pro. Everything seems to be working fine again.

I updated to 2.2.4 of Astra Pro and 2 of the warnings disappeared but this one did not:

Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, cannot access private method Astra_Addon_Background_Updater::needs_db_update() in /home/hometita/staging/3/wp-content/plugins/wp-views/vendor/toolset/toolset-theme-settings/compatibility-modules/controllers/toolset-theme-integration-settings-front-end-controller.php on line 363

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.