Skip Navigation

[Resolved] pause view slider with youtube video playing

This support ticket is created 4 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 4 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hi,
I created a view slider that can include YouTube iframes, I can't figure out how to pause a slide when the video is playing. Is there a solution?

The website is under construction, if you need to see it I can provide you a private access.

Thanks,
Nicola

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Screenshot 2020-02-12 at 10.46.47 AM.png

Hi Nicola,

Thank you for getting in touch.

This is only possible when you are using the automatic transition. See Screenshot.

Click on the Advanced options and ensure that "Pause pagination transition on mouse hover".

Whenever you check this option your slider will pause when you hover on it.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,
I need to pause the transition when a video is playing, not just on mouse over. Isn't it possible?

Thanks,
Nicola

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Nicola,

Unfortunately no you will need to write custom code in order to achieve this.

This is because our views slider is a basic slider for static elements. The video would be considered as dynamic so we don't have a setting that can achieve this.

Based on my research it would seem that quite a bit of custom code is actually required for this. I did however find a plugin that could possibly help with this.
https://wordpress.org/plugins/slider-video/

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.