Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Password reset uses wordpress defaut rather than custom page.

This support ticket is created 7 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Steve 7 years ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

I am trying to:
 the site the link takes the user to the default WordPress password reset rather than the page I added.

I've followed set ups on https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/cred-training-course/part-7-building-account-page-login-form/ and https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/cred-training-course/part-9-listing-items-belong-logged-user/

Was expecting that the password reset link in the email would go to the password reset page I set up rather than the WordPress default.

I'm assuming I missed something in the set up or have connected the forms incorrectly, but cannot determine where the issues are.

I am using the theme Divi along with their page builder and Toolset.

Still working on developing this site so a lot of lorem ipsum text and dummy events/business listings.

Please advise any other info you need from me.

Thanks very much. Am new to wp-types and this is the first site I'm using it on.

The URL you set in the "wpv-forgot-password-form" ShortCode Attribute "reset_password_url" should be the URL that is loaded when you click on the reset password in the reset password email.

This must be an Internal URL (same site), or, you can add safe redirects to Toolset > Settings > Front-End Content > Safe redirects

If you did all this correctly and the Email still leads to the WordPress native URL, I need to see this live.

It would be the best on a Staging Site as I might need to edit few things, and that can reflect on the Front End.

Can you provide me such access to a staging site?

In your shortcode you pass this URL:
hidden link

This is not an existing Page.
It redirects to this URL:
hidden link

Please try with the correct URL.
I do not know what the /npm/ part stands for, but the Reset Page's URL on your site is:
hidden link

Can you try with this updated ShortCode?

Still an issue.

I've updated the short code to [wpv-forgot-password-form reset_password_url=’hidden link; but still go to the default wordpress reset password page when clicking the link in the email sent.

This is the link in the email:
hidden link
for resetting password using the email chief.navigator@flyingcompass.com. The user is set up as a subscriber.

The npm that was part of the URL is the directory where wordpress is installed. We usually install wordpress in a non standard directory to increase security for the website. Would this be creating a problem?

Thanks.
Steve

This works perfectly fine on our Discover Sites.
One of them is here:
hidden link

I sent login details to your email, you can test it out.

1. Please deactivate all Plugins but Toolset, and make sure they leave no trace (like hardcoded things in your file, or still active Database settings)
2. Activate either Toolset Starter or a WordPress native Theme
3. Test this again.

In case that still doesn't work after, I will provide you with an online Test Server which you can populate with your site, so we can debug it there.

login-screen.jpg
plugin-list.jpg

Still have an issue with this after creating the new install. I created a completely new wordpress install with the Twenty Seventeen theme. Then imported pages and toolset types, forms, etc. I created the custom post types within the new install as they were not imported.

I've attached screen shots of the installed plugins along with the screen I see after clicking the link in the email. This is the standard wordpress reset page and not the one that was created as the looks from the URL.

The only difference I see between what I've set up and yours is the addition of redirect_url_fail="hidden link".

Not sure, but the install of the demo, is that the traditional directory for a wp install? Could my placing in a different directory other than standard create an issue?

Did not appear I could set myself up as a user to try the password reset on the demo site you sent me.

Do I need to try this without importing pages? Could there be something in the imported pages tha could be creating this issue?

I can not alter the folder structure on my online test Sites, unfortunately.

I would have to request a very specific test site for that.

I can do this, to test if it has an effect on the process unless you say it's easy for you to test on a "traditional" setup of WordPress.

Otherwise, if you agree, I can request a Test Server set up specifically for this.
It's a free service at no charge.

Thanks for the offer but no need.

Decided to use a different plugin for resetting the password that works perfectly and also allows us to control the email message.

Thanks for your assistance.

Steve

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.