Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Passing arguments for views filter does not work

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
filter view by checkboxes filed

Solution:
Checkboxes fields are special fields and Types stored it as a serialize array. That is why its not possible to filter the checkboxes field.

I suggest you should change your checkboexes field to custom taxonomy and then filter your view by taxonomy.

You can find proposed solution, in this case, with the following reply
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/passing-arguments-for-views-filter-does-not-work/#post-919381

Relevant Documentation:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/filtering-views-by-taxonomy/

This support ticket is created 5 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by hannesU-2 5 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I am trying to: pass a number when calling a three times the same view with different arguments (ausstrahlungstag=".."):
<wpv-loop>
[wpv-view name='auflistung-der-filme-eines-tages' ausstrahlungstag='1']<br/>

[wpv-view name='auflistung-der-filme-eines-tages' ausstrahlungstag='2']<br/>

[wpv-view name='auflistung-der-filme-eines-tages' ausstrahlungstag='3']<br/>

</wpv-loop>

In the filter section of the view "auflistung-der-filme-eines-tages" i am filtering like this:
Elemente mit Feld auswählen:
ausstrahlungstag ist ein/e String gleich VIEW_PARAM(ausstrahlungstag)

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
in the first loop only articles (custom post type "filme") where the passed argument 1 ist matching the postfield "ausstrahlungstag" with the number 1.
in the second loop only articles where the passed argument 2 ist matching the postfield "ausstrahlungstag" with the number 2.

Instead, I got:
all results in all views. for example ausstrahlungstag=1 in all three views.

What is really funny is that it worked at the beginning, and all of the sudden it stoppedworking.

Can you help, please?

Thanks
Hannes

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - could you please share problem URL where you are displaying the view and access details so I can check whats going wrong with your current setup.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

So - as I understand, you want to display results:

Under "Freitag, 10. November" = posts with ausstrahlungstag='1'?
Under label "Samstag, 11. November = posts with ausstrahlungstag='2'? and so on..?

yes, excactly

Minesh
Supporter

Well - I tried to edit wp-config.php file but when I try to upload the change its throwing error - it seems I do not have permission to change and upload the file:

Error:	Critical file transfer error

I suspect one thing here - could you please check that mbstring module is active or not on your server. If its not activated - could you please enable it.

If you do not know how to activate it - please contact your server's hosting authority and ask them to activate mbstring module.

More info:
=> hidden link

If you are using cpanel please check this link:
=> hidden link

Sorry. My bad. rights were wrong. you now have ftp permission for the wp folder.

Minesh
Supporter

Thanks - but could you please check for mbstring module.

Could you please check that mbstring module is active or not on your server. If its not activated - could you please enable it.

If you do not know how to activate it - please contact your server's hosting authority and ask them to activate mbstring module.

More info:
=> hidden link

If you are using cpanel please check this link:
=> hidden link

Hi.
I just talked to allinkl.com service.
They haven´t heard of that mbstring module.
So i cannot activate that one.
Is that bad?

Minesh
Supporter

Well - the thing is that, checkboxes fields are special fields and Types stored it as a serialize array. That is why its not possible to filter the checkboxes field.

I suggest you should change your checkboexes field to custom taxonomy and then filter your view by taxonomy.
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/filtering-views-by-taxonomy/

Hmm. Tried to fix it another way but i am having a new prtoblem. Will open another ticket for that.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.