Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Parametric views don’t work anymore

This support ticket is created 8 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.68 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 10:00 - - - - -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Mohammed 7 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Mohammed.

Author
dump1.png
dump2.png

All my parametric views has stopped working. I guess it has broke in connection to a minor WP update.

I use Views to show products and I use the parametric parts to let users filter the result withparameters age, color etc. See fx. hidden link. As you can see, the products don’t update when changing the values and the Age and Color dropdown is empty but should show the available options.

I have found out that deleting relevant Taxonomy filters under the Query Filter section (see dump1.png) and then adding them again with the “New filter” button under the Filter section (see dump2.png) solves the problem, but I have a lot of filters in a lot of views and everything on three sites, so I would like to hear if you have a easier solution?

Thanks in advance 🙂

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

There is no other solution for that now but could you please help us with duplicator package of your install where this issue with views filter still exists.

Please tell use URL and view ID or view name.

Could you please send us 1:1 copy of your site. You can do that by following next steps.

+ You can download the Duplicator plugin from here
=> http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

If you already know how Duplicator works (http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/ ), please skip the following steps and just send me the installer file and a fresh package.

# Duplicator instruction
+ From WordPress plugin page, look for "Duplicator" and install it
+ Once installed, you get a new main menu "Duplicator"
+ Chose "Packages"
+ Click on the first button you find in the toolbar on the right ("Create Package")
+ Give it a name or leave it as is
+ Click on "Create Package Set"
+ Wait until the package is ready
+ Click on "Installer", then on "Package": the first one is just a php script, the second one is a zip file containing everything you need
+ Send me both files (you probably want to use DropBox, Google Drive, or similar services, as the snapshot file will be quite big)
+ send me "wp-admin" username/pwd
+ Please make sure that you send us working duplicator package.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

I've escalated this ticket to our next level support. Please be patient, wait for a reply from them and they will get in touch with you as soon as possible.

Hello Nevil,

I’m Mohammed Toolset support second tier and I have been escalated to this thread. I’ll give my best to help you to achieve your needs through Toolset components.

I'm working on the issue. Please wait and I will get back to you again.

Thanks.

Hi Nevil,

We encountered a similar issue and the solution is to recreate Taxonomy filters and the Query Filters as you mentioned again.

I will pass this ticket to the development team as well so that they can take care of it.

I will keep this ticket open and please keep following this ticket and I will notify you once I get any updates.

Thanks.

Hello Mohammed,
Thank you for your feedback.
Do you have any idea of how long it will take until an update will address this issue?
Best regards,
Nevil

Hi Nevil,

Thank you for your reply.

To be honest, I don't have an accurate information about when the development team will fix this issue.
But this already took high priority.

So, please keep following this ticket and I will inform you once I get any updates.

Thanks.

Hi Nevil,

We are sorry for the long waiting time.
We still working on the issue, please wait and I will get back to you once I get new updates.

Thanks.

Hi Nevil,

Thank you for your patience.

This is an update that this issue swill be resolved in the next Views release.

Please wait and I will notify you once we launch the new release.

Thanks,

Hi,

This is an update that we've launched a new Toolset release.

Please, backup your website , update all Toolset plugins to the latest versions then test the issue.

I'm waiting for your reply.

Thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.