Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Parametric search filters disappeared

This support ticket is created 7 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 7 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to: use the parametric search

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to: be able to use the search filters on the right hand side.. they worked before updates

Instead, I got: the search filters have disappeared

please help advise.. I saw some threads from two months ago, but I have the latest plugin versions installed, along with latest WP.

Thanks

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi James,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Would it be possible for you to completely remove the parametric search filters from your view and then re-add them back ?

Once you have done this please let me know if the filters start showing again. Sometimes updates can cause strange issues to occur.

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Shnae

Thanks for the quick reply Shane. Could you please be a bit more descriptive on how to accomplish that? Thank you!

Shane
Supporter

Screen Shot 2016-05-06 at 9.13.51 AM.png

Hi James,

I must apologize for the delayed response.

To remove the filters all you need to do is to go to the filter section of your view and then delete filter shortcodes.

After you have removed this then you will get a small warning saying that the frontend filters are missing and if you will like to remove the query filters as well. See Screenshot.

Then you can just re-add them again.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Shane

Hello Shane,

Removing the filters and re-adding doesn't seem to solve the problem.

In fact, I never saw the warning you posted the screenshot of. All I did was highlight everything in the filter section, remove it all, then clicked update. The view just updated and no error message.

I paste the code back and update. Everything on the front end looks the same (no filters), the entire process.

Please advise on 2nd option on how to fix.

Thanks!
James

Shane
Supporter

Hi James,

Would you mind if I could have a look at this for you ?

I'll enable the private fields for your next response so that you can securely provide me with the credentials.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi James,

Thank you for the credentials, however when i tried them they dont seem to work.

Could you check on them and let me know.

Thanks,
Shane

Hey Shane, sorry about that! Please check those same credentials again, should work now. Thank you

Shane
Supporter

Hi James,

Thank you for checking on them for me.

I managed to remove and re-add the filters and it works perfectly fine now.

Please let me know if t his helps.
Thanks,
Shane

160511-views-shortcode-error.png

Thanks for your help! I see that they do show now. Do you have a step-by-step support doc on how to do that? Not sure what step I was missing?

However.. the CSS for those filters is now different. Did the CSS reset when you removed and re-added the filters?

Also another issue now.. when you select multiple checkboxes under different filters -- shortcodes start to show on the front-end. See attached screenshots and please advise on a fix so that the shortcodes don't show when multiple filters are checked.

Thank you!

Shane
Supporter

Hi James,

I believe this is occurring because of the AJAX, the shortcodes from VC seems to need a full page refresh in order for it to render correctly.

I'm not sure what the VC shortcode does entirely but it seems that the accordion doesn't work properly with our Views filter section.

Making a choice from the checkbox causes it to refresh which causes the shortcodes not to render.

Is it possible to change the checkboxes to something else ? Let say using a Select custom field ?

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Still having this same original issue with the other categories. On the connectors page, I have followed your suggestions by removing the filters, save, and then re-add the filters.

When I remove the filters from the top of page from "Query Filter" section, the filters re-appear on the front-end.. but as soon as I add just one of the filters back in, they disappear again.

Can you please advise on specifically how to fix?

Here's an example of how we have the query filter setup:
2 Cavities is a string equal to URL_PARAM(2-cavities)

Should we try a different setup there?

Thanks!
James

Okay I figured it out finally! You have to use the wizard to add the filters back... cannot just copy and paste the code. This is going to take awhile to manually update!

Aside from that, does Toolset offer a way to add the accordions, rows, and filters to style the filter areas on the front end? Maybe a content template?

Thank you,
James

Shane
Supporter

Hi James,

Happy to see that you were able to resolve the issue 🙂

In response to your question, no toolset is not able to do this 🙁

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.