Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Paragraphs not displaying on front-end in WYSIWYG custom field

This support ticket is created 6 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 6 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
Screen Shot 2017-08-16 at 17.06.42.png

I am trying to: use a WYSIWYG custom field for an event description, but the formatting gets stripped out on the front-end. Elements such as bullet points pull through, but all paragraph spacing is removed.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I can insert <p> tags into the html to make it display, but I can't expect my client to have to do this every time!

The screen shot shows paragraph spacing in the WYSIWYG editor, which doesn't display on the front-end (see link above).

Thanks.

Hi, if the WYSIWYG field is added as a shortcode ins a Content Template, you must ensure that the Output Mode of that CT is set to include automatic paragraphs. This setting is at the bottom of the screen in the Content Template editor.

You can find a similar setting in a Layout Visual Editor cell. If neither of these solutions works for you, please provide some more information to help me understand how the WYSIWYG field is added to the post, and if enabling a default theme like Twenty Seventeen makes the paragraphs render with appropriate p tags.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.