Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Pagination Formatting on Mobile Not Working

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.35 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 1 year, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I am trying to:
Show pagination on mobile cleanly.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
Pagination set up to cleanly allow access to all pages.

Instead, I can only see pages 1-8 (up to 1-11, depending on size of mobile screen used for testing), and there's no way to advance to other pages. It looks like there are very few formatting options for pagination, at least nothing I can find. It's a big problem on mobile for us, because it only allows users to see about 1/3 of the content at this point.

What can be done to make the pagination formatting work?

Thanks!

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Can you please check now: hidden link

You will have to add the custom media query CSS as per your device size, I've added the following line of CSS code to your view's custom CSS box. Screenshot: hidden link

@media screen and (max-width: 600px) {
.wpv-pagination-nav-links ul.pagination,
.wpv-pagination-nav-links ul.pagination > li {
display: inline-block;
}
}

Thanks Minesh, that resolved the issue!

Final question though before we resolve the ticket -- shouldn't this be in the Toolset code so we don't need to add CSS for it? Is there a fix in the works for it?

Thanks, and in the meantime, we know what to do going forward, so much appreciated!

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

No, as people may require different styling and margine and padding the media query you will have to write for pagination element.

We may try to improve it but there is no ETA on it, currently you will have to use the workaround we shared.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.