Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Page losing layout assignment

This support ticket is created 6 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 6 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 7.11.54 PM.png

We have a site with a page that lists publications via a view: hidden link

Very straightforward - but when one clicks on page 2, the layout assignment is broken. This is the same page, with pagination on the view... seems a bug?

Hi, I'm looking at your image now and if you look at the browser tab it says "Page not found", and the warning message on your page says "Create a new Layout for Error 404 Page". This indicates a problem with the URL, or a problem with the permalinks, or a cache issue with the page itself. Please try the following troubleshooting steps:

- Temporarily disable all non-Toolset plugins and activate the parent Toolset Starter theme to rule out any conflicts. Resave your permalinks and refresh the /publications page. Is the problem resolved? If so, reactivate your child theme and other plugins one by one until the problem is revealed.

- Share your settings from Toolset > Settings > Layouts > "What to display if no layout is assigned to content"

- Enable server logs so I can see if any errors are registered. Go in your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Then add these lines, just before it says 'stop editing here':

ini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');

Then refresh the publications page once again. This will create an error_log.txt file in your site's root directory. Please send me its contents. Once that is done, you can revert the updates you made to wp-config.php.

Let me know the results of these steps and we can go from there.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.