Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Page editor does not open on home page with Toolset Blocks Plugin activated

This support ticket is created 2 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 2 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

I am trying to:
Edit the home page. When I click edit it only pulls up a white screen and inspection shows scripts with toolset blocks are not working. It is only on one page on the site. Other pages work fine. The strange thing is, that page has no toolset elements used in the page content. I disabled the toolset blocks plugin and it fixes the issue.
Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link
I expected to see:
The normal gutenberg editing screen.
Instead, I got: A white screen.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

I saw the same, which means there should be details of a fatal error in the debug log, but when I checked that it didn't have any such details.

Would you mind if we took a copy of the site to install locally for further testing?

Sure go ahead.

Nigel
Supporter

I've done that, and I see quite a few errors in the browser console when I visit the home page, so that gives me something to look into. I'll get back to you when I've found something more concrete.

Nigel
Supporter

The errors relate to a clash between the version of Codemirror that Stackable blocks enqueues and the version enqueued by Toolset.

I've gathered the details and shared them with our developers, and am escalating this thread.

I'll get back to you when I have some feedback from them to share.

I just noticed a stackable update came through and that seems to fix the issue on my end. So maybe it was their problem that created a conflict in the toolset blocks. 🤷🏻‍♂️ But I think it's working again for the time being.

Nigel
Supporter

OK, thanks for letting us know. Our next update will also include something to prevent such clashes occurring again in the future, so with fixes from both end we should be good to close here.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.