Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Page Default: WordPress Editor Usage

This support ticket is created 7 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 7 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

I am using the ToolSet Child Theme and need to know how to a create pages using the default WordPress editor without having to create a layout.

Thank you.

Do you mean, you want to have the Layouts Plugin installed and active, and maybe use some Layouts on some content but not on others?

Then you need to edit the Theme's loop for the Template in question.

The way how Toolset Starter Works is thought to be for using Layouts if active.
In Toolset > Settings > Layouts you have a choice what to output if no Layouts is assigned to your content but with Toolset Starter theme this won't work as that theme has NO default Loop and therefore always at least a default layout must be used.

So you will need to customise the Theme's loop with this (similar) code.
Example of page.php:

if ( defined( 'WPDDL_VERSION' ) && is_ddlayout_assigned() ) : // if Layouts Plugin is active and a layout is assigned
  get_header( 'layouts' );
  the_ddlayout( 'page-default' ); // Loads 'page-default' layout by default
  get_footer( 'layouts' );
else: // if not use the normal WP loop
  get_header();
  //A basic WordPress Loop: https://codex.wordpress.org/The_Loop
  get_sidebar();
  get_footer();
endif; // IF Layouts are enabled

Thanks for the response.

I created a page.php file and added the above code to themes/toolset-starter-child and that did not do the trick.....

Yes, because above code is a guideline and not a ready to go code.

If you need assistance in PHP, our certified partners are the correct address to ask.
At this point I would suggest you consider contacting one of our certified partners from this link:
https://toolset.com/consultant/

You will get the custom assistance you need to get on with your project.

The Toolset Starter Theme is designed to work wit Layouts OR Views OR both, by default.

Every customization of this behaviour such as adding a Custom WordPress Loop and a dynamic Layout usage requires Custom Code.

I can help by showing you a Theme that does this out of the box.
It has a native WordPress Loop, AND can use Layouts dynamically.
When you download it, have a look at its templates (like page.php) to see how it's done.
I created the Theme especially for this purpose.
It's fully Toolset compatible.
Feel free to use it as you want.
hidden link

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.