Skip Navigation

[Escalated to 2nd Tier] padding on grid cell breaks backend layout

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 1 year, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

STEPS TO REPRODUCE ON 2022 theme:
- Insert a grid block onto a page and select 3 columns (doesn't matter the amount).
- Now give each gridcell a 1px border so you can clearly see it.
- add a paragraph inside each grid cell
- now add say 50px left and right padding to each cell.
- admire your complete MESS of a broken overflowing overlapping layout.

This is really bad this still happens I'm hoping fixing like this are still being made to blocks

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Just wanted to confirm again that yes, I followed the steps you shared and as per the ticket title it breaks the admin layout but on frontend its working fine I can see having said that on frontend there is no issue - correct?

correct the front end is fine, but with a lot of content in the columns and significant padding my client has trouble even clicking on the right column, it looks Very unprofessional I hope this can be addressed.

you simply need to apply box-sizing: border-box; to the grid columns. I fixed this in my theme by adding the following to my editor-styles

.tb-grid > .block-editor-inner-blocks > .block-editor-block-list__layout > .wp-block {
box-sizing: border-box;
}

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Thank you for sharing all information and even workaround that should work for now, that should help other users that might face the same issue.

I can confirm that I can see the issue and I've escalated it to next level support. I'll get in touch with you as soon as I've any update on it. Please stand by.