Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Override single-product.php

This support ticket is created 8 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 10:00 8:00 – 14:00 8:00 – 14:00 8:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 11:00 – 18:00 15:00 – 18:00 15:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Pacific/Pago_Pago (GMT-11:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by christerA 8 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Mladen Andrejic.

Author

I'm trying to override single-product.php.
I have put a copy in:
yourtheme/woocommerce/single-product.php (i'm using Dynamic website builder based on Genesis)
But it still uses the version in woocommerce-views/templates
If i rename that one, it works. Then it uses the one in yourtheme/woocommerce/
But that's no good, because the next update of WooCommerce Views will create a new version, right?

Hello,

Thanks for contacting Toolset support.

Generally, yes - when you update it it will use the file you renamed. But I can't think of any other solution then to rename the file when there is an update, as this is designed to use the one from woocommerce-views

Thanks.

I don't really understand the point of of putting it in yourtheme/woocommerce/ if i have to do a fix anyway every time there is an update?
Then i can just as well do the fix in woocommerce-views/templates?
Why even having this line in the header in single-product.php:
"* Override this template by copying it to yourtheme/woocommerce/single-product.php"

Are there really no way of avoiding the fix with every update? I mean, most of my clients will never be able to do that themselves in the future.

Hello,

There is a reason for sure why developers had this approach, although I am not certainly aware of it.

Maybe to make it easier for the customers, you can create .php file called for example "fix-it.php", and then give them get_template_part code and tell them where to place it inside the updated file?

Thanks.

OK, thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.