Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Output File field in list format

This support ticket is created 8 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by deanL 8 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I added File field to a post type with "Allow multiple-instances of this field" selected.

Next I need to create content template to output the files in list format. But it seems I can only choose from either of these separators : Comma, Space, Non-breaking space, Semicolon, Custom (which only allows single value). What do I need to do to output multiple files in list format?

Secondly, the output is the full URL of the file, can I instead output it as file name, eg:

- Registration form
- Schedule
- Other info

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Could you please try to follow solution offered by me on following link and add that custom shortcode to your current theme's functions.php file.
=> https://toolset.com/forums/topic/wpv-post-featured-image-output-file-name/#post-335862

Thanks Minesh, your solution will only work if the files were named properly, in which it wont work in my case as I can imagine most of my users will upload files with weird names.

Besides, it doesn't help my other part of requirements which is to output the multiple file links in list format.

But it's ok, I have decided to scrap the whole idea of using File field, instead, I will just use a WYSIWYG field and let user insert files with the Add media button. That way, they can format it anyway they wish to as well, be it ordered list or unordered list.

Thanks for your time. You may mark this as resolved.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.