Skip Navigation

[Resolved] One to one relationship is not saved

This support ticket is created 4 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by nabils 4 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Hi,
I have a child form link to create a child post and connect between parent and child with one to one relationship.
In the child form I can see the field of relationship filled with the correct parent value. However, when I click on submit and check the post parent it is not linked to any parent.
What can be the problem?

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

I just tested this on a clean install with current plugin versions and I found that it worked as expected.

I have a form to publish the child posts which includes the parent selector.
This is added to a page.
The template for parent posts includes a link to create a child post with the form on that page.
When I follow such a link on the front end the parent ID is passed as a URL parameter, and the selector in the form denotes the correct parent.
On submitting the form the child post is published, and checking in the backend it is connected to the parent.

If that fails on your site, first be sure to disable any custom code you have added, and try switching theme. Then try disabling all non-Toolset plugins to see if you can identify a conflict.

Let me know what you find so I can see how to proceed.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.