Skip Navigation

[Resolved] On mobile device – filter results return english content on all languages – REP

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The issue here is that when an AJAX event occurs the user's site reverts to the original language.

Solution:

What you can do is go to WPML -> Languages and then scroll to Language filtering for AJAX operations and then enable it and see if this helps.

This support ticket is created 5 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by hendrikH 5 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hello support and sorry for the delay in answering this ticket,
at the moment i first opened this thicket the site was under the process of migration and no work could be done on it.

I am trying to:
I've created the mobile responsive pages of this site using the same views i've used on desktop version. Testing on a mobile device i've realised that the filter results are returning english content even on German and Greek WPML pages. Those pages work just fine on desktop or on browser mobile inspector on a desktop.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

USING YOUR MOBILE DEVICE:
hidden link
hidden link
- click on the HOTEL LIST where you can see the posts content that the filter produces.

I expected to see:
Post content should the in german and greek language when acessing those pages. That's how it is on desktop.

Instead, I got:
Posts are in english all the time while on mobile device(phone).

Acess to the site is availabe from the previous tickets. (old domain portal.aegeantrails.com)

Thank you for the support,
Best regards.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Hendri,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

What you can do is go to WPML -> Languages and then scroll to Language filtering for AJAX operations and then enable it and see if this helps.

Thanks,
Shane

Thank you Shane. Have activated Language filtering for AJAX and fixed the problem.
Best regards,

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.