Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Older messages are missing from contractor message system

This support ticket is created 5 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ChuckGregory 5 years ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I am trying to: review past messages as toolset contractor

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: https://toolset.com/contractor-messages/

I expected to see: more messages than are showing there

Hi Chuck,

Thank you for waiting.

I've heard back from the concerned systems team and here is what they've shared:

1. We keep all the messages and they're not deleted over a certain time.

2. During the investigation, they were able to find quite a few of the messages linked to your user profile, which are organized into 4 threads.

Is it possible that you've used a different Toolset user account in the past, to exchange those missing messages?

regards,
Waqar

I've been a toolset contractor since 1/23/18 and always used the same email address. Missing messages include those from Brendan Moran, for whom I helped with a website, and Cathy Teets, who is still a maintenance client. There should be some others as well.

Hi Chuck,

Thank you for sharing these further details.

I'll pass these on internally and will update you with the findings.

regards,
Waqar

Hi Chuck,

Thank you for waiting.

We've checked several historical backups and couldn't locate any more messages linked to your profile.

There are no trashed messages either or reports from other contractors about a similar issue.

It is unfortunate that those messages were not traced, but we'll keep an eye on this, in case a pattern emerges.

regards,
Waqar

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.