Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to send notifications with Toolset?

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem

How can I send notifications to someone, if for example a Post is published, or else?

Solution

Toolset CRED is the plugin that offers notifications handling for Toolset.

You will set up your form, and then add Notifications to it, in the same Edit Screen.

You can set several conditions as to when, where and with what content to send the email.

This support ticket is created 6 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do? My client would like to be able to notify his 'clients' when an order is placed when an order is updated (ie, a new wedding party member gets measured and fitted), and notification to let the 'client' know when their order is ready for collection. So 3 sets of notifications all generated through the Toolset Types system as he goes through the process of a wedding order.

Is there any documentation that you are following? I am sorry I found the online tutorial I found on youtube confusing

Is there a similar example that we can see? No

What is the link to your site? hidden link

I think you are looking for the features provided by CRED, mainly.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/automated-email-notifications-with-cred/

I understand you also use WooCommerce since you speak about "orders".
In that case, I suggest these plugins minimally:
- WooCommerce
- CRED
- CRED Commerce
- Views
- Types

You will create a Form that lets users start the process.
Let's say they create a "Wedding post" with this form.

Already you can charge payment now:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-cred-commerce-to-add-payments-to-forms/

Then you can attach notifications to the form, according to several conditions that you'll find in the Notifications Settings of the Form.

These can apply to post status, form status or also payment status, hence they should already cover all the cases you mentioned.

In case you need other notifications not bound to this form you'd need to create a new (edit, as an example) form, so to attach new emails to new form submits.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.