Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Not the right name of taxonomy in admin bar

This support ticket is created 4 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 4 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Ihi,

I have a custom post type with a custom taxonomy Rubriek. When I want to edit this taxonomy in the admin bar it says Edit Rubriek.. what is okay... better was... Bewerk Rubriek (Dutch) bu now I have Edit Rubriek and when I am finished it says Categorie bekijken (view category) I want at least that there is no Category but Rubriek.. so Rubriek bekijken or View Rubriek.. but the Dutch term.. It is confusing for our editors. Where can I change that. And why is the start (Edit Rubriek) with the right term en the view part with the wrong term.

Hope you can help

With kind regards

Karin

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Screenshot 2019-09-10 at 9.46.29 AM.png

Hi Karin,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Not quite sure I understand fully because if you create a custom taxonomy then all the references to the word Category should be replaced by your taxonomy name.

Have a look at my screenshot for my Course Level Taxonomy. Notice there is no reference to the word "Category".

Could you send me a screenshot of the issue on your end?

Thanks,
Shane

Schermafbeelding 2019-09-10 om 16.56.41.png
Schermafbeelding 2019-09-10 om 16.56.17.png

Here are 2 screenshots. One on frontend of the taxonomy page of a rubriek eg hidden link And there the admin bar.
The other is after I clicked Edit Rubriek... then there is Categorie bewerken. English and Dutch mixed AND wrong taxonomy name

Shane
Supporter

Hi Karin,

I see nothing wrong here.

You've created a custom taxonomy called Categories, so there actually isn't any errors or incorrect naming here.

Its just the default texts that wordpress uses.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane

The taxonomy I want to edit is called Rubriek - when I am frontend at the archive page of a Rubriek it says in the admin bar... Edit Rubriek... right taxonomy name. When I click on that link... (Edit Rubriek) in the admin bar suddenly appears Categorie bekijken where it should be.. Rubriek bekijken... It is not about the taxonomy Categorie.. but the taxonomy Rubriek

with kind regards

Karin

Shane
Supporter

Hi Karin,

As mentioned previously this is a default text of wordpress. This text isn't automatically populated by the taxonomy term name.

The text "Categorie bekijken" translates to View Category which means when you click this it will take you to the archive page for the particular category you are viewing.

Even on the default wordpress category Taxonomy this is still there.
hidden link

It is just the text that wordpress uses which isn't controlled by our Toolset plugins at all, so there is no setting in our plugins that can modify the text that you are referring to.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane

The link you give is for category als taxonomy of Posts. I mean
hidden link
Where you see Rubriek
And when you edit a Rubriek you see also Rubriek
hidden link

Only in the admin bar - when you are in a Rubriek frontend, you have Edit Rubriek (right word) but as soon as you go to the backend then it changes to Category. It is only there in the admin bar.. frontend it is the right word. For my it is not confusing, but for my clients, who works with an editor team, it is

Kind regards

Karin

Shane
Supporter

Hi Karim,

As mentioned previously there is nothing that we can do about this.

The text that you are referring to is actually correct it is meant to say "View Category" which is telling you if you click here you will be able to view the category that you are editing.

There is no way to change it to the text you are referring to here as this is something that wordpress does by default.

Wordpress uses 2 types of taxonomies, Categories and Tags. So if you create a custom taxonomy and set it to the Category type, you will always get the View Category button. If you use the Tags type you will get the View Tag button.

Take a look here for an example of what i'm referring to.
hidden link

I hope this is clear and illustrates that there isn't anything we can do about this text.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.