Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Not Redirecting after user Registration

This support ticket is created 7 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by JeanJ2365 7 years ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
NEW REGISTRATION NOT LOGGING IN USER.jpg

I am trying to:

Automatically Redirect a NEW USER REGISTRATION to a Specific page. WITHOUT HAVING TO LOG Into their new account.

It is not working - and instead going to a 'restricted access page.

The user is created when the form is submitted. And should be redirected to a landing page - that is set as the home page for their ROLE LEVEL.

But they are getting redirected to my '404' - You do not have access page.
Telling them to LOG IN.

I have created Post Groups - for each page.

I visited this URL:

I expected to see: I want the new users to automatically be directed to the right page - without having to LOG IN.

Instead, I got:

Hi, automatic logins for new users aren't currently supported by CRED. By default, WordPress doesn't sign users in automatically after scripted registration. You may be able to implement some custom PHP code that utilizes the wp_signon method to do this:
https://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_signon

However this is outside the scope of support I can provide here in the forum. If you need professional help with this code, you can contact one of our certified partner contractors. Here is the list of our contractors:
https://toolset.com/consultant/

I set up a video Google Hangouts call -(thinking I could talk to someone today).

But would prefer a response here instead.

Thanks,
Jean

Hi did you have another question? Sorry I am not clear what response you're expecting.

Thanks Christian - this is so weird because the form WAS automatically logging users in...until today.
LOL.

How weird is that?

Now my client expects it :-).

I will figure something out.

Jean

All good
Thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.