Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Not item displayed updating Views from 2.9.4 to 3.x.x

This support ticket is created 2 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.82 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by lucaC-7 2 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hi, I've renewed the account, so I updated (in my test site) the 3 Toolset plugin that use:
- types
- types-access
- wp-views

No problem with the first 2, but if I update "wp-views" the post-types item are not listed (see image of the 2 version of views).

Can you help me found the problem?
Now the version installed is the working one (2.9.4)

Thanks in advance

Luca

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Luca,

Thank you for getting in touch.

I tried to take a look at this for you, however i'm not seeing the screenshot in your post. Can you re-attach the screenshot so that I can have a look.

Thanks,
shane

With views 3.x.jpg
With views 2.9.4.jpg

Here the images.
The Working one (2.9.4): hidden link
The "problematic" one...: hidden link

Shane
Supporter

Hi Luca,

Can you upload the latest version of our Blocks so that I can take a look at the issue?

In my attempt to upload the latest version I kept getting redirected to the home page. You can download the latest version from the link below.
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

Let me know as soon as you've uploaded the plugin.

Thanks,
Shane

Ok, the system let my upgrade to the 3.4.2.
Now it's live... and the ISSUE is also live 😉

EDIT
Ok, if I try to change the translation and then put back the right one, it works!

Shane
Supporter

Hi Luca,

I found the issue. The problem is with the [wpml-string]Usa la freccia ->[/wpml-string] mainly the [wpml-string] shortcode.

I believe these strings are now being auto registered for translation so you won't need the wpml-string shortcode. Removing them and re-translating the strings should resolve the issue.

The list for the strings can be translated at the link below.
hidden link

Thanks,
Shane

Sorry but... from where I have to remove the shortcode?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Luca,

If you edit your views, you will notice in the Filter output section of the view you will have your filters Example

[wpv-control-postmeta field="wpcf-tipologia-di-prodotto" type="select" default_label="[wpml-string]Usa la freccia ->[/wpml-string]" url_param="wpv-wpcf-tipologia-di-prodotto"]

Notice the use of the [wpml-string] shortcode inside the filter's default_label attribute. You will need to edit this out of all your views that have their filters formatted like this.

Here are the views on your homepage.
hidden link

hidden link

hidden link

Please let me know if this provides a bit more clarity for you.
Thanks,
Shane

Yeah, it's working!
Now I try to replicate it in the main site.

Schermata 2021-05-13 alle 17.33.44.jpg

Wait a minute: problems with the translations...
I can't add the translation: the text it's already there, but if I hit "enter" the "+" is still there...

Shane
Supporter

Hi Luca,

This issue would need to be resolved by the WPML team if the icon isn't changing.

However if you're not running the latest version of WPML then you will need to update to the latest version as this issue may have been known and was resolved in a newer version.

Issues with translation and the WPML plugin will need to be opened with the WPML team as they are better trained to identify issues in WPML.

Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.