Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Not displaying user field

This support ticket is created 5 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 28 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by AndreG3332 5 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

The only way to check is to look in the database, but I don't know how the data is stored. You'll need to check with the plugin authors about where they store the data in what format, then check the database.

(You can use the ARI Adminer plugin to check from your WP admin pages if you don't want to fire up phpMyAdmin or similar server tools.)

HI NIgel,

Ok i got the information from publishpress about the table. It is stored in the wpg8_term_taxonomy table. I added a new record however it did not seem to make an entry in the table. I have installed ARI ADMINER fr you if you wish to double check the database.

Nigel
Supporter

I can take a look, but I need to know what I'm looking for.

Is there a post that you submitted via the form for testing that I can reference? (What is the post title, and post ID?)

If I want to submit the form myself to test, what page will I find the form on, are there any particular fields in the form that I should be setting to something particular?

Thx mush appreciated,

You will need to login with the same credentials as supplied previously. It only works on logged in users.

You will use the nav bar, go to "consultant" - "add new client" You can use any data in any fields. All the compulsory fields are marked.

Under Customer user is the field that is of important. You can use the consultant one or if you wish to you can add new user by going to "consultant" - "add new company user" All field are rather generic.

There are only two entries in the term taxonomy table and one of them is the consultant@p**********g.co.za. So easy to find.

Nigel
Supporter

Sorry I didn't get chance to look at this yesterday, I've been working on it now and I need to be able to inspect the debug logs, so I'll need FTP access, which I don't have.

Can you provide that in the next, private, reply?

Nigel
Supporter

Hmm. I logged in with FTP to that root folder, but the folder is empty, there is nothing for me to see, no-where for me to navigate to.

For debugging the code I just need to be able to send some messages to the logs so I can track what is happening.

Can you turn on the debug.log in your wp-config.php file for me, and then I can use a plugin to View the logs?

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);

HI NIgel,

I have added the code to the config file as requested

Nigel
Supporter

You should double-check your wp-config.php file, because it says the debug constants I shared above are added twice, and only need to be added once.

I ran some tests and submitted the form several times and checked the messages I've been logging to be able to identify the problem.

I don't know how the other plugin needs to be set up, but it is unable to retrieve the author object for the second author.

You have two users, with ID 1 and ID 5.

This correctly retrieves the taxonomy object created by the plugin for user ID = 1:

$author = Author::get_by_user_id(1);

But this returns nothing:

$author = Author::get_by_user_id(5);

I don't know enough about the other plugin to know why, but it seems like it is not set up correctly.

HI Nigel,

Here is the response i got from publishpress regarding your inquiry

Hi Herman,

Ah, alright, thanks. If it is a guest author, you can instantiate it using this code instead:

$author = Author::get_by_term_id(5);

Nigel
Supporter

I don't understand their reply.

What is a "guest author"? I was a logged-in user publishing the tests.

You could try changing this line so that it uses get_by_term_id

$author = Author::get_by_term_id($user_id);

Hi Nigel,

They ased me what was the user 5' role and the user 5 role was set to "guest author". And on grounds of that he suggests we use that code to see if it was captured.

Nigel
Supporter

And so what happened when you changed the code? Did it work?

Is the guest author role something you created?

Hi Nigel It seems to have worked. I want to do some more tests the next few days then we can move on from this topic. Your assistance has been of great value!

Nigel
Supporter

Hurray!

Fingers crossed that it does indeed work.

Let me know in a few days when your testing is done.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.