Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Not able to use rich text editor – Data not saved

This support ticket is created 2 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.11 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 1 year, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Hello,
We are not able to use rich text editor on the custom post we created with Toolset. Rich Text Editor is working fine on native WordPress posts and pages but not on Toolset Custom Posts.
We already tried to deactivate all other plugins as well as switching theme to Twenty Nineteen.
We are working on a duplicate of he live site. Let me know if you need access.
You can view a short video of the issue here:
hidden link
Thank you for your help - Charles

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Charles

We had a fix for this issue in Types 3.4.14 and have had one or two reports that the issue was still occurring, but weren't able to reproduce the problem.

I went through a lot of permutations and combinations on your staging site, and have narrowed down the problem.

The issue occurs for wysiwyg fields where the post type has the post content disabled and is edited with the classic editor, but also when the post type is part of a many-to-many relationship and the post being edited is already connected to another post.

Thanks to those details I've been able to re-escalate the issue to the developers, and I will let you know when I have some feedback from them.

In the meantime you can work around the problem by enabling the post content for this post type for the time being.

Thank you. feel free to use this site for testing. I am not sure how to "enable the post content" for this post type. I am going to find where I can do this. Thanks again

I found how to enable the post content and I added a css #postdivrich {display: none} to hide it - It seems to be working fine. Hopefully we'll get a solution soon.

Hello - Just following up. Thanks - Charles

Nigel
Supporter

I'm sorry, but checking the internal ticket, I don't see any progress.

I've pushed the priority on the ticket higher so that it is near the top of the queue for things to be worked on.

When there is some progress I will let you know.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi there

I wanted to let you know that we published plugin updates today that include a fix for this issue.

If the updates do not show up on your plugin installer page (click the registered link beneath the plugin name to go to the custom installer page) click the the Check for Updates button to update the list.

Or you can download the latest versions from your accounts page: https://toolset.com/account/downloads

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.