Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Not able to filter by post author is current user

This support ticket is created 2 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 2 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Don

Tell us what you are trying to do?

Hello, I am attempting to setup a my account page, with a tab that contains all the current logged in users posts, I am following the documentation as noted below, but when I setup a view, and then under content selection attempt to add a query filter, when i select "post author" nothing happens.... the filter doesnt get listed in the sidebar and there is no "Post author is the same as the logged in user option" in the sidebar to select. So not sure whats going on but it currently wants to list all posts instead of just the ones by the current user.

Is there any documentation that you are following? yes: https://toolset.com/course-lesson/allow-users-to-manage-their-items/

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Can you please share problem URL where you want to list the currently loggedin user posts as well as admin access details.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Don

hello, no i would hope there is a known reason for this, ie a obscure setting etc, that can be clarified. I have followed the documentation exactly as it is posted, created a new view for the new page, selected the post type to use and under content selection attempted to set the query filter to post author.... it ajax updates but neither the new query filter itself is displayed nor is any checkbox for post author is current user is visible. Oddly enough though, above that in the section to select the content type the selected content type DOES have next to it "filtered" in blue font.... but again no actual active query filter is listed below.

i am not keen on sharing admin access unless absolutely necessary.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Well - please note that there are two kind of filters.
- Query Filter: Where you can pre-filter the view results where you can add the post author filter
- Frontend Filter: Where the filter is presented to users where user use those filters to filter the results on frontend but using frontend filters post author filter is not supported.

I see with our Doc as well we mentioned the "Query Filter" section:
- https://toolset.com/course-lesson/allow-users-to-manage-their-items/#create-a-view-that-lists-the-item-of-the-currently-logged-in-user

Where me mentioned the clear steps how you can add the "Post Author" filter:
- Click the Add a filter button in the Query Filter subsection.
- In the dialog that appears, select to filter by Post author and click Add query filter.
- In the right sidebar, make sure that the Post author is the same as the logged in user option is selected and click Save.

I checked with my test site as well, the post author filter is available, please check the following screenshot:
- hidden link

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.