Skip Navigation

[Resolved] “#No_privilege” error when trying to edit images

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: When Users in 4 specific custom roles try to edit images, the edit links are incorrect. They show the URL hash "#No_privilege".

Solution: The root issue should have been resolved with Access 2.7.2: https://toolset.com/errata/if-toolset-access-and-wpml-are-active-together-you-cannot-edit-any-posts-controlled-by-toolset-access/

This support ticket is created 6 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 5 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Hi Christian,

Per your request, opening a separate ticket for this issue. Please note, I marked hidden link as the domain I need help with, but we're doing all the troubleshooting on the staging site, which you have access to (same credentials I gave you earlier).

Issue: can't edit images in the media library. Getting the #no_privilege link there as a developer (highest) level user.

Also, with ONLY Toolset (full suite) and WPML (full suite) on, I am still unable to get to edit images in the media library. When WPML plugins are deactivated, I am able to edit images. So your plugin suites seem to have a compatibility issue between themselves. BUT - When WPML is on, and I deactivate Access only, I can edit the images.

THanks,
Nadav

I can't see any obvious configuration problems, and I can replicate this on your staging site with only Toolset and WPML plugins and Twenty Seventeen active. However, I cannot replicate the same problem on my own local environment. Since site duplication plugins aren't allowed on Flywheel, I think the next step if to create a backup of your database so we can attempt to replicate the problem locally. I will activate private reply fields here so you can provide download link to a SQL backup file.

More information from Flywheel about accessing the DB:
https://getflywheel.com/wordpress-support/can-get-access-database/

Hi Christian,

Here's a download link to the SQL of the (live) site:
hidden link

And here's a link to the SQL of the staging site:
hidden link

Nadav

Thank you, I have downloaded those backups and replicated the issue locally with the staging DB active. I updated all the plugins, updated WordPress, and activated a default theme. The problem remains. So I need to escalate this to my 2nd tier support team for further investigation. I will update you as soon as possible. In the meantime, a developer can edit any media item by accessing its URL directly rather than using the Edit link:
hidden link

Thanks, please keep me posted. I understand I can edit via a post.php?post=54046&action=edit type of link, but I can't instruct the staff to work this way, unfortunately.

I have an update from my 2nd tier support team. Please apply the following patch in your theme's functions.php file:

function access_edit_media_post_link_($link, $post_id, $lang, $trid){
    global $wpcf_access,$current_user;
    if(!isset($current_user))return $link;
    if ( !in_array( 'developer', (array) $current_user->roles ) ) return $link;
    $wpcf_access->language_permissions['attachment']=array(
        'en'=>array(
            0=>'edit_any',1=>'edit_own'
        ),
        'he'=>array(
            0=>'edit_any',1=>'edit_own'
        )
    );
    return $link;
}
add_filter('wpml_link_to_translation',    'access_edit_media_post_link_', 10, 4);

In my local tests, this patch fixes Media Library links in wp-admin for Developer Users. Please let me know if this does not resolve the problem for you.

It doesn't work. I added the function to functions.php on staging, take a look.

I see in staging, in the list View only the first item in each page of results is editable. I don't see that in my local environment, so something else must be going on. Can you provide me with link to download a copy of your parent and child themes?

Give me your email address and I'll make you a collaborator on both the live and staging sites on the Flywheel dashboard. This way, you'll have full access to all the files.

I invited you to collaborate on AICF. You should have received an email with all the details.
Once you're in, here's how to get to the FTP:
hidden link

Please notice that browsing the FTP, there are two main folders: aicf and aicf_staging, so keep that in mind.

Let me know if you run into any issues!

Nadav

Thanks, I received the collaboration invite and I was able to download the parent and child themes by SFTP. To rule out a conflict in the child theme, I created my own child theme that includes only this filter code in the functions.php file. I am still able to replicate the issue where only the first image in the list of results is editable, so I am asking my 2nd tier team to take another look at their proposed solution with the Newspaper parent theme active. I will update you as soon as I have more information to share.

Okay my 2nd tier team provided a code update. I uploaded this change to the Newspaper child theme's functions.php file in staging:

function my_edit_post_link_($link, $post_id, $lang, $trid){
    if ( !in_array( 'developer', (array) $current_user->roles ) ) return $link;
    $wpcf_access->language_permissions['attachment']=Array('en' => Array('publish' => Array('roles' => Array(0 => 'developer')),'delete_any' => Array('roles' => Array(0 => 'developer')),'edit_any' => Array('roles' => Array(0 => 'developer')),'delete_own' => Array('roles' => Array(0 => 'developer')),'edit_own' => Array('roles' => Array(0 => 'developer')),'read_private' => Array('roles' => Array(0 => 'developer')),'read' => Array('roles' => Array(0 => 'developer'))),'he' => Array('publish' => Array('roles' => Array(0 => 'developer')),'delete_any' => Array('roles' => Array(0 => 'developer')),'edit_any' => Array('roles' => Array(0 => 'developer')),'delete_own' => Array('roles' => Array(0 => 'developer')),'edit_own' => Array('roles' => Array(0 => 'developer')),'read_private' => Array('roles' => Array(0 => 'developer')),'read' => Array('roles' => Array(0 => 'developer'))));
    return $link;
}
add_filter('wpml_link_to_translation',		'my_edit_post_link_', 10, 4);

Now when I'm logged in as a Developer, I see the correct edit links for all Media Library items in English and Hebrew. Can you confirm?

It works, but for developer only. Senior Staff, Staff, and Senior Staff Israel still get #no_privilege.

Okay thanks, I will ask for an update that should work for all 4 roles.

Okay here's an update that works for Developers, Staff, Senior Staff, and Senior Staff Israel:

/* #NO_PRIVILEGE FIX */

function ts_edit_media_post_link_($link, $post_id, $lang, $trid){
    $allowed_roles=array('developer','senior_staff','senior_staff_israel','staff');
    $current_user_roles=(array) $current_user->roles ;
    if ( array_intersect($allowed_roles, $current_user_roles)==0  ) return $link;
    $wpcf_access->language_permissions['attachment']=Array('en' => Array('publish' => Array('roles' => Array(0 => 'developer', 1=> 'staff', 2=>'senior_staff', 3=>'senior_staff_israel')),'delete_any' => Array('roles' => Array(0 => 'developer', 1=> 'staff', 2=>'senior_staff', 3=>'senior_staff_israel')),'edit_any' => Array('roles' => Array(0 => 'developer', 1=> 'staff', 2=>'senior_staff', 3=>'senior_staff_israel')),'delete_own' => Array('roles' => Array(0 => 'developer', 1=> 'staff', 2=>'senior_staff', 3=>'senior_staff_israel')),'edit_own' => Array('roles' => Array(0 => 'developer', 1=> 'staff', 2=>'senior_staff', 3=>'senior_staff_israel')),'read_private' => Array('roles' => Array(0 => 'developer', 1=> 'staff', 2=>'senior_staff', 3=>'senior_staff_israel')),'read' => Array('roles' => Array(0 => 'developer', 1=> 'staff', 2=>'senior_staff', 3=>'senior_staff_israel'))),'he' => Array('publish' => Array('roles' => Array(0 => 'developer', 1=> 'staff', 2=>'senior_staff', 3=>'senior_staff_israel')),'delete_any' => Array('roles' => Array(0 => 'developer', 1=> 'staff', 2=>'senior_staff', 3=>'senior_staff_israel')),'edit_any' => Array('roles' => Array(0 => 'developer', 1=> 'staff', 2=>'senior_staff', 3=>'senior_staff_israel')),'delete_own' => Array('roles' => Array(0 => 'developer', 1=> 'staff', 2=>'senior_staff', 3=>'senior_staff_israel')),'edit_own' => Array('roles' => Array(0 => 'developer', 1=> 'staff', 2=>'senior_staff', 3=>'senior_staff_israel')),'read_private' => Array('roles' => Array(0 => 'developer', 1=> 'staff', 2=>'senior_staff', 3=>'senior_staff_israel')),'read' => Array('roles' => Array(0 => 'developer', 1=> 'staff', 2=>'senior_staff', 3=>'senior_staff_israel'))));
    return $link;
}
add_filter('wpml_link_to_translation',      'ts_edit_media_post_link_', 10, 4);
/* END */
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.