Skip Navigation

[Resolved] no way to match inner height of container to grid cell

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by nicholasM 1 year, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Christopher Amirian.

Author
Screenshot 2022-07-11 154602.jpg

I have put this in as a feature request long ago but I'm not sure it is understood the reason this is an issue. If you make a grid 2 columns, one side text and you want the otherside to be a background image, How do you accomplish this.... there is NO way to add a background "IMAGE" to a grid cell, you can add a background-color but not an image. Then if you add a container inside that grid cell there is NO way to make that container 100% in height. so there is NO way to make this simple layout of 2 columns of equal height with one a bg image the same height without custom CSS. why would min-height not be able to have a % in the drop down.. That can't be more than 1 line of code to add that, but I waited a year and no % was added to the drop down.

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Hi there,

The layout that you aim for can be added using Display Flex and currently it is not available.

Please follow the recommendation of the ticket below to have the same height functionality:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/equal-height-for-toolset-grid-via-block-editor/

If you share the URL, of your website I will be happy to give you the necessary CSS if the method mentioned above does not work for you.

Thanks.

it could also be done by simply allowing the height of a container to be 100% the grid cells themself are already equal heights

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Hi there,

Thanks for the comment. If you need my help to give you a quick custom css if needed I'd be happy to try if you give me the URL of the page that contains the Grid.

Thanks 🙂

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.